Ventilation.....

Spliffy.

OK, trying to be build me growroom blah blah blah...

But I'm stuck.

The Girlfriend has just given me the go ahead to put another £50 to it, "But THAT'S IT! " ;);):( as I now appreciate that the desk fan in the corner just won't cut it.

Farmweb told me about the soler and paul TD160's, (£45.99 ex vat), and the ducting stuff is another tenner, plus clamps to fasten it.

Anyone know of any cheaper, but still effective, method?

Cheers.

how big is your space? what light are u using? you may be able to ventilate it with a cheap bathroom extractor fan, have a look at tlc direct

They have a wide variety. theres always a cheaper method!

good luck

rocky

Hey Rocky...

I read your "1st Grow" thread a couple of days ago after being absent for some time. Nice 1 on that, I loved the "I don't give a f#ck, it's free weed" thingy.

Using 2 x 125w Enviros (the £40 ones)

It's a bit bigger than yours, 3'x3'x7.5' , like a walk in cupboard, but the door is 6.5' then a foot of plasterboard to the ceiling. Brick on the left and back sides, and plasterboard on the right, and the attic above. It's long-term rented, so I'm a bit wary of putting holes in the walls. The ceiling I don't mind, because it never gets seen anyway, being inside the cupboard.

I was thinking of buying a cheap door, taking the original door off, and using the cheap one as a replacement, which would avoid damage to "The Man's" property, and I could put holes on that to use pc fans, but word on here says they're not strong enough to make a significant difference for my space.

you may get awy with a cheapo bathroom extractor from tlc - (probably effective but noisy), but I'd really recommend the S&P - beg borrow or steal the extra few quid - its a beautifully made fan, is powerful, and above all else, really quiet - you can use duct tape instead of clamps, so you're only a few quid adrift over £50! I wasted so much time and money on "cheap" alternatives, that proved next door to useless, and at the end of the day, more expensive than doing it right in the first place! :bangin:

ya i used an exstractor fom a bathroom worked fine but was loud as a jet engine on mach 3 all day really annyoing when yer grow room is next door and all ya can hear is wooooooooooooooooooooooooosh constantly

now have an lti quiet as fook works much better

i was like farmweb too used cheaper alternatives then saw the way forward and bought an lti for exstraction

honest, that little S&P fan is so quiet, I keep wondering if its still going - I have to shove my head under the light reflectors to check! I tried 2 massive computer fans before (5" jobs @ £15 a throw, then a speed controller for £18...........) - they make a godawful racket, and shift buggerall air! :bangin:

OK, sold.

I'm gonna wait until I can afford to buy it before my seeds go in.

I've just been in a rush the last 2 days, trying to buy all me stuff so that as soon as me seeds arrive, I can get 'em planted.

Time to just sit back, take a breather, look at my room again,and do it properly.

At least this time I've bought my lights, so I can't spend the £££ on something else, which has always happened in the past.

Cheers for all the help, fellahs :wassnnme:

Guest Red Dragon

Hey Spliffy;

Best of luck with the grow bro. :wassnnme: I know how you are feeling at the moment. How excited....????

Look forward to seeing your grow pics.

Peace.

RD

being a bit of a devil, I couldn't perchance suggest that you put the £50 somewhere really safe - like investing in the fan! (then you've only got a bit of duct and £1 for some £shop duct tape to go!) - if you have an electrician as a mate, he may have a short bit of duct doing nothing, and a switch........but then I wouldn't want to lead you astray! :guitar::guitar::guitar: