Air Cirulation

Sal

My last batch of bud suffered with budrot :wassnnme: i was wondering if my dry area conditions were right because i had no circulation. What i was thinking of doing was putting a fan in the area but pointing it towards the wall the area is 3x3 ft sq

but by putting the fan in will this dry the weed to quick i have give it a go and there is a nice breeze. Would putting the fan on a timer with 15 min intervals help.

I dont think a small pc fan would circulate the full room proply it would only blow the air in the direction it was pointed where the bigger fan has a wider range

but thankx for the input ossyboy :blub:

The fan should be alright Saldo. As long as its not pointing directly at the plant it should not dry it too quickly. Having air movement is the important bit. If you have an ioniser, stick that in the room as well, as it can help get rid of mold spores in the air

Hi,

Often wondered if you could use one of those Moisture Traps, made for condensation in sheds, or damp windowsills, caravans, ect. They use some sort of chemical crystals (something like silica gel) to absorb water particles in the air, they are held in a basket with drip tray type thing underneath to catch the excess water, stand them on the floor and let them get on with it. You see them in hardware stores for about £5.

I was thinking of using one in a walk in cupboard I have to dry my buds in.

I wouldn’t bother normally but last time around I had little prob with mold late on in the drying phase, just thought it might reduce the humidity given off from a large crop of drying buds in a small space, in conjunction with a fan.

Not sure if it would be a help or a hindrance, any one tried this?

Bud Brother :wassnnme:

ya i use a oscilating fan in the drying room and if its cold i put a heater on low on a timer never had budrot yet touch wood (touches head)

u will see a big different with fan in the room............. u can add some wine cords to suck in the moister in the closet aswell..latezz..

might mean corKs

from my readings on the drying of fungi, the silica gel method is best used in a small airtight space like a tuppawear tub as the gel will just hyrate too quickly with the ambient moisture also make sure nothing touches the gel

Edited by StyleGuru

Thanks guys :headpain:

420 bud got ask ya whats that all about then

well, the wood, or what ever they made off.. helps too suck in the moisture.. people use it, too add it in the fruit in the basket. It keeps the fruit fresher longer, with out getting the fungis.... you can just hang them around, but it would be a shit load off cords, i did it once.. work great.. add a fan and works better.....latezzz..

might mean corKs

from my readings on the drying of fungi, the silica gel method is best used in a small airtight space like a tuppawear tub as the gel will just hyrate too quickly with the ambient moisture also make sure nothing touches the gel

yea.. corks... :headpain::rolleyes:...

• 2 weeks later...
could you use a dehumidifier when curing of would that take to much moisture out of the air?

I stick on of these in the drying area, not an electric one but a crystal one, picked it up from Morrisons for about £5, one cartridge has lasted me months and the refils are only a couple of quid.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a Food Dehydrator once... It did a really nice job.. not saying that it was the best method, rather that it was quick, and less destructive than the Micro.

That is all...

Seeing as I am not rotating cuttings into the flowering room yet I was thinking of hanging the buds in there to dry (with the lights off obviously), I have my extractor fan changing the air in the room as it was during the rest of the grow.

Would that be ok?