New Horizon Coir

TopSkunk

Just bought a 50 litr bag of New Horizn Coir.

I intend to do a bottom feed grow using coir and a coco a/b as feed (not sure yet which to go for?).

Thing is that the coir only cost me £4.45 at Shopping Centre in Devon.

Has anyone had experience with New Horizon Coir Compost

"Made from the coir fibre element of coconut husks with added nutrients.

* Size: 50L

* Recommended Uses: seed sowing, potting and taking cuttings.

* Feeding recommendations: Do not over-water coir. Feed regularly with a J. Arthur Bower's liquid plant food.

* Advice: Not suitable for lime-hating (ericaceous) plants."

It says it has aded nutrients already so seems ok to pot it up a couple of times with just ph d water.

Is this stuff ok or should I buy Canna Coco Coir?

Edited by Hipgnosis

I dunno, I just buy the cheapest coir bricks from my local agricultural supplier....3 pound something for 5 bricks, they are organic, pH adjusted and no feed.......

I can't see what'd be wrong with the New Horizon stuff.....but never having use dit meself I can't say how good it is...

I don't think there's any need to spend silly money on coir, the bricks and blocks are easy and convenient enough, I soak them with pH adjusted water, maybe weak feed, or MaxiCrop, or Silicon too, depends what I'm using them for....

Monk...x

with coco you must not use water alone it must be waterd with a hydroponic fertilizer preferably one thats spesialised for coco i use ionic for coco

personaly i would not go for a pre fertilized coco because i want to control the feed myself

so when i say a hydro feed i mean one thats been corectly set for ec and at a ph of 5.8 so you realy need a ec meter and some way of testing the ph i find that the coco bricks are cheap and effective and id go for a branded product that has been washed using fresh water and is not steamed

i have not heard of new horizon coco so im not sure but i dont like the sound of it being pre fertilized