Sea Of Green

noddybud

Hi Fellow Tokers, Smokers, Dopers and Jokers....

I've been off the topic for a while but I 've started again with a sea of green project....

I've got some plants in that when rooted and potted I allowed to veg for 3 or 4 days then put into flower on the 10th November...

They are about 18" high now and I have many of the older side shoots really reaching for the light.

Should I trim them all off at this stage and concentrate on the main colas or should I let em grow as nature intended and not give them such a stressful experience?

They are doing well, but I am unsure...

I've also had problems with the odd one splitting on it's own into two main shoots....

Has anyone experienced this in sog or can someone explain why?

I am growing Northern light and blueberry in allmix with biobizz nutes.

Sorry no pics yet cause they're sleeping right now...

;)

From what I've read and done its a good idea to trim your plants back in SOG. Not incliding the main cola cut them back to 3 or 4 branches, the one that are getting the most light and or the strongest ones, largest stems. I did this at 2 weeks into bloom, i heard after the first week is best. In a few days my plants picked up nicely and started budding a lot more on what was left. It helped to imporve circulation too.

check some of the other threads. The is a lot of info on this topic already posted.

make sure your plants are mature before blooming...ie the branches and internodes alternate sides and are not directly across from eachother.

Thanks Mate,

Thinking about cutting off the lower stuff but I also have hed people say to me "leave them alone!"...

Their reasons are to lower stress on the plant. This is all very well but in a sea of green situation I am pulling to the direction of trimming off lower growth....

Anybody else wanna put their two penneth worth in just for the crack...?

Go on... The lights come on at 7pm... "It can be done Jeeves, Lock all the doors and disconnect the phones.... It.s gonna be a long night.....!"

If you are doing a close SOG I would grow each plant on 1 main cola take out any lower buds that are shut out of the light.

I would say never prune out a main cola once you go to 12/12 it will make 50% of strains herm. Trimming out lower bits is not a problem when flowering.

Your warn bit can only be seen by you and staff here. Every one has one. If a mod has to warn you its a tool so any other mod clicking on will be able to see what the warning was. Your is at zero so you have never been warned about anything.

Thanks ot...

I have trimmed off the lower shoots on a few of the plants and left the others...

Hopefully the results at the end will confirm what is best for them...

They have been 12/12 now for 13 days and are looking great and very healthy. I'd like to share it with a picture but I don't seem to be able to upload the file (again :furious: )but I'll have another go....

Thanks again...

Here's the sog girls at 19 days in flower.... They're looking healthy.

Found a couple of thrips so gave em a good spraying with buzz off about 4 days ago. Trouble is I'd like to do em again just to kill any newly hatched bastards...

Have I left it too late, air circulation is very good so is there a chance that rot could start already?

post-109-1070210768_thumb.jpg

Looking good NB :smoke: glad to see you back up and running again fella

Im halfways through a sog well its a puddle realy 5 plants. I snipped all the side branches and lower ones of prior to switching my light cycle. Have a butchers i have some nice phat looking colas with no air bud at all the smallest is about 9 inc the largest about 12 inc. I know not massive but for a 250w set up not bad

nice looking grow nb my coubord is looking a bit like that itself ive not pruned atall yet and im about 19 days flowering too gotta get a grip and do it i suppose i really hate cutting me plants they must hate me :smoke:

thats them on day 13 much bigger now

so cutting them on 12/12 lowerr branches is fine then coolios

Thanks for the comments guys...

I haven't cut lower growth a great deal at all, I am still not sure about doing it because all of the lower growth I can make into hash..... and do you think the difference in yield would be huge? I dunno..

Also my girls are set up on an automatic drip water system so it makes it difficult to take out plants to prune em cause of the water tubes.

About the thrips...

Spotted one last night...

21 Days in and I wanna spray buzz off again...

Can I still do this or am I asking for trouble????

Here's a top cola coming on...

post-109-1070297162_thumb.jpg