New house and setup

reefman

High, very shortly i shall be throwing off the shackles of my parents and be moving out on my own, woo hoo :P   At wich point i'll start growing. I had a look on a lighting site based in Newark (I think someone on here mentioned it) and they offer this

1 400w Son T Plus (600w Son T Plus on 10 - 12 model)

1 Plastic Tank

1 Plastic Channel

1 Top-Plate

1 Submersible Pump  

1 Delivery Tube

1 Emptying Tube  

1 25ft Spreader Mat  

1 500ml Power-Gro Leaf and Flower

8 Adhesive Pads (to fix top-plate)

1 Measuring Beaker

All for £180. is this good value? and would i need to but a lot of other stuff as well? I only want to grow enough for me and a mate, so i thought about 3-4 plants every 3 months.  

Would appreciate any help on this.

Cheers

Hi Reefman,

Listen to the other guys but I started up again about 6 weeks ago and went this way:

6 flo's + some wood, panels, wire, plugs etc. About £50.

Growing medium, pots, water meter, ph meter, nutes, fish tank pump. About £40.

Seeds, about £20.

As I'm approaching flowering I'm building a new veg chamber which will cost me all up about £45.

I need an HPS - 400w - which I understand I can pick up around £60 (I ain;t done anything about this yet).

I am leaving the HPS up to the wire cos I wanted to make sure I could get to the flowering stage OK before I took on the big expenses.

I reckon its cost me a little over £200 to get to flowering some bud. One of the other guys reckons I'll get about 12oz off of 6 plants of I grow them to 20".

When I started I was in a mad rush and would have flowered them at 1" tall if I thought I'd get a home grown smoke. But I have listened to the advice and will mature them properly and get a good cycle going which, although I have to wait, sounds like it will pay dividends in the long run.

I'm in it for the long term and don't want to get an inferior grow cycle happening for the sake of a few more weeks.

If it was my advice alone I'd say get your seeds; medium; pots; ph & water meters; pump; and a good bank of flo's. Get a good veg'ing operation up and running first.

Once you have a whole batch of good plants, and your confidence is way up, go buy the HPS and the materials to split your grow set up. At least you know when you spend the last 'serious' money, you are only a few weeks away for a harvest.

Hope that helps but listen to the other guys, I've been leaning on them for the last few weeks and would respect their advice.

PS. I haven't forgot the driving/prize win!!! Hope everythings going well old mate.

Steve The Weed

:mad:

Cheers steve, I reckon i'll do it the way you suggest. Sounds like the best way not to spend money before you need to (true yorkshireman speaking there). Just got to get myself down to the DIY shop now and get building.

hi reefman,

sounds like a good diy set up will save you money.

I went the expensive route bought hps lamp ( had one previoulsy but it gave up living on me it was 8 yearsold afterall) then bought a small nft setupnute etc.

Iam now thinking of expanding my setup so i will also be building a diy setup for nft.

And i think you will get moreof a kick out smoking thatbud when you know that you have built eveything yourself. if you know what i mean..

Sorry splan I'll be staying in Nottingham for this move.

Stoned skunk i totally agree that the more effort you put into something (especially weed) the better it will be and you then have something to work off for the next grow, and can build extensions when needed.

Hi Guys,

For what its worth I finished my new 'veg'ing' chamber today all bar sorting out the last few 'light leaks' and an easy access door.

I set it up to start with with 12 flo's, I think, (the first smoke is kicking in) and I could get up to 15/18 in if necessary. It holds a lot more plants than I think I'd ever need for myself, I reckon with my flowering area I could cycle 6oz a week which is more than I can smoke!!!!!!

When I sat back and looked at it my first thought was 'I should have made it bigger'.

Being hot on this subject right now the only advice I can offer is truly ask yourself 'why are you growing, how much do you want to harvest per week'. If you're going to build a grow room make sure its 'expandable' cos if my experience is anything to go by, I want a bigger set up and I haven't harvested zip yet.

Steve The Weed

:mad: