anti anxiety strains

apprentice

Help,

My wife thought that she gets paranoid everytime she smokes.  And I have never given it much thought before but recently posted a Q about it and the answer was that the Paranoia thing was made up by the Us in the 60's to put people off.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also it is clear that if she is Paranoid then it is nothing to do with cannabis and she has mental health problems and there are apparently certain strains that are anti anxiety strains stocked by emery seeds, any info on this?

Lastly if these strains are anti anxiety is it not true then that a near 100% sativa strain is the difference between and Anti anxiety strain compared to Indica's that are not?

Any help Please?

Guest The GreenFinger

High Apprentice,

The only anti anxiety strain I have heard of is Blue Heaven by Dutch Passion. It`s a blueberry crossed with a thai. Just grew some and it took a long time to finish, 12 weeks and yeilded very little. It has gone to medical trials now so should know of the results soon enough, if its works for people there will be more to come.

Laters

Tgf

:P

High there Apprentice, just noticed this post.

Rule of thumb: Sativas tend to give more cerebral high, which in some people translates into paranoid panics, racing heart beat etc. Indicas, on the other hand, tend to be more sedative and relaxing, with a more physical stone. Hybrids will reflect both these characteristics, naturally enough. I would suggest for your good wife a medium strength Indica, or smoke less of a strong Indica - but perhaps avoid hybrids and Sativas? Just browsing Sensi's catalogue I spot: Hindu Kush, Afghani 1, Maple leaf indica.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info lads.  

Think I am gonna have to give up on this one, she wants the buzzy high from a  sativa hence why I am growing out some Kali for her but she cant handle the thought of paranoia kicking in and sending her off her tea trolley.

She does not like the couch lock stone of an indica so it has to be a hybrid or sativa dominant strain.

I admit defeat!

Thanks anyway.

I'd say the more worried she is about getting paranoid the more likely it is to happen so.......convince her that it's not gonna happen and she may well be fine and dandy.

Hi Mr Benn

Have tried that on and off for the last 9 years but does not seem to work.  She will freak while smoking and blame her dillusions on the herb, when really she is just a wee bit donald ducked in the heed.  But hay shes the missus is she!

Thanks anyway

PS I will not give up, just need to try growing all these different strains until she says "now I like that smoke" then Bingo boabs yer aunty.

• 1 month later...

getting paranoid about getting paranoid is apparently one of the main reasons of paranoia when smoking(try saying that three times in a row!)

so if you convince her that you are actually growing her a nice anti-anxiety sativa, then she will be pleased with the smoke, and (hopefully) not suffer from any paranoia.

also finding a strain with a short lasting high would be good too, so incase she does start getting paranoid at least it wont last too long.

so hands up who can actually count how may times i wrote paranoid/oia. i lost count on the 40th.

Guest THE PUFFER

This has caught my eye and I find it interesting.

All observations should be challenged...meaning...it might not be the weed but something associated.

Things like 'Does she normally smoke ?'...'What sort of personal life history associated ?(negative experiences before)'...including a 'build up' of paranoia every time she smokes.

Would she believe that there is such a thing as an 'anti anxiety' strain ?

Guest THE PUFFER

...and...

What about making her some hash from the trichomes of your sativa strains ?

Surely that stone would make her forget all about paranoia...

Guest THE PUFFER

...but...

In order to preserve an order of well being...Mr Benn is right in stating to stop smoking it.

I think everyone feels some form of anxiety when smoking - usually just before a few strong hits - though it's fairly minor and short-lived.

Never at home - but visiting a mate in London recently I wasn't expecting him to have 3 ounces of Neder Weit - I smoked for about 7 hours then took the long scenic route home. The anxiety was strangely enjoyable as I saw my day sail past when I walked into the lounge to see a large pile of green - I would be getting so wasted I might have to ask directions to get home.

It's part of the buzz - I don't get paranoid - but there's a thin green line - between heightened sensation and over awareness.

personally I love it - and I think all the long term smokers do too, so I don't know what to suggest. If it wasn't there I'd get bored very quickly.  Hence - why I'm always on the lookout for stronger and stronger strains (just had to pull my first Neville's Haze - a male - gah! it was looking so good too).

I think hemp playboy is right, most smokers get some sort

of anxiety or paranoia occasionly. I think the best way to deal with it is to smoke accordingly! If youve got to go down town and it makes u paranoid dont get so stoned!! Just have a bifta rather than a bong!! If you gonna be at home all night smoke away!!!    :oldtoker:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , I have heard that Hindu Kush is a relaxing strain, from the hindu kush mountains.  I've seen the word meditative used.  

Generally indicas are relaxing, sometimes too much so!

Also, the later the strain is harvested the more "down" the high.