My 1st attempt at growing properly

littlerach

Here's a picture of my growroom, created on Saturday !

It's only got a motherplant in it at the moment, but I'm hoping to take some cuttings soon.

I also bought two 18W floros at the weekend and I'm planning on building a small veging area next weekend

Anyway here's the piccy (it's taken me hours to work out how to get the image uploaded !) ......

day_1.JPG

Hi Littlerach

Looks like your struggling with this image ;) I had some trouble at first too. When you reply to this, go to the bottom of the page. look for 'file attachments' and click the browse button. A window will pop up, just point this to the image on your hard drive

HTH

MrB

Rach, this is the right place to post a photo....

When you add reply....write your message and then go to the "Browse" button at the bottom......this should open a window to explore your pc and find the pictures you need......Please try again...we want to see your plants....

Mono...x

hi littlerach

nice to hear you are wanting to grow your own and its excellent ,i love to hear of people wanting to grow their own and cut out the dealers

p.s

i noticed the picture you posted is quite big and our posting guidelines we ask our member not to post images over 100K

just thought i would help her out and post her picture for her as it is still findable if you copy and paste the url

(although i have now seen that the image is now viewable althought i have reduced the picture size of the image i posted on littlerachs behalf)

peace people

the d.o.c :thumbs:  ;)

post-49-89101-day_1.jpg

How big's your cupboard rach?

Is it a giant pot or a tiny cupboard? You got anyplace to keep your clones on the go..?

Mono....x

Thanks for the photo advice, I didn't realise it wasn't showing the picture - it is when I view it, weird ????

:P Now I've found a tape measure here's some dimensions ..... big pot 12" x 12" x 12" ....The room is 28" x 32" x 8ft high ..... 400W grolux hps approx 18" above the top of the plant ...... I've got the light on 24 hours at the moment and it seems quite warm although the loft hatch is 1/2 open and it's drinking alot of water, should I change it to 18hrs ?

Looking good, you got the pics sorted then.....:P....another 2-bed Victorian terrace closet grower....the club gets bigger...these upstairs cupboards are perfect.....

Plant looks v healthy and nice photo too, I dunno if that upward curling on the leaves is down to heat stress......what sort of temps are you running now?, take the loft hatch off completely, and by summer you'll probably need an extractor up there too........

Did you get hold of that moisture meter? Keep it nice and moist till she's settled into her new pot and spread her roots a bit then you can wait until the top of the soil gets dry before you water.....

Speak to you soon,

Mono....x

Shit rach, I've just thought, Have you got drainage holes in the bottom of that urn? If not you need some or she'll drown....

Mono...x

Just checked - loft hatch open, drainage holes already in pot .... haven't got a moisture meter yet but I think I'll get one at the weekend ...and build a vegging area for the clones

:cool: I see Jonnyrizla has finally posted his piccys

LittleRach x

it looks as if your plants are suffering a little heat stress by the slight curling upwards on the leaves ,try raising your light a couple of inches to about 20-24 inches and see if that helps

as when the plants are younger they cannot handle the light at about 18 inches because of heat ,it is recommended to have it a little higher in the first month or two (about 24 inches)

when they are older they can handle the light a little lower (about 18 inches)

peace

the d.o.c  :thumbs:

;) Thanks Doc, I think you're right about the heat It was about 20" - I've now moved the light to about 28" and I'll see how it goes. One thing I have noticed that the very tips of the leaves have gone yellow ..... heat stress again ?

Anyway I'm very pleased with myself cause I've just finished building my cloning area on my bottom shelf ... it only took 5 hours to make - shouldn't have smoked so much !

Littlerach x

post-49-44194-my_ssilver_box.JPG

could be related to the heat stress as my blueberrys suffered the same at the beggining ,but after i replaced the water from the reservoir and checked the ph all new growth was nice and lush green

i have that same sankey propagator  :)

but it doesnt fit my clone room (i will have to keep it for summer window ledge vegging

i like the look of the reflective material (nice diffusion)

is it foil backed plasterboard ? (if not what?)

peace

the d.o.c :thumbs:  ;)  :peace:

The reflective material is actually polystyrene backed foil and it's the stuff that is put behind radiators to reduce heat loss I bought it from B&Q for approx 10 pounds/5 metre and the texture of it is pretty similar to that of the reflector on my light. It can be quite easily glued in place using PVA glue or similar and so far I've stuck it to wallpaper, painted woodwork, bare wood and cardboard with no problems.

I'm off out soon to get a fan - I think it'll probably help the heat issue as well

LIttlerach x   :cool:

• 1 month later...

nice set up there little rach, looking good so far

foil is OK but cos it reflects infra-red range radiation it can cause ambient heat problems and create hot spots that burn your plants.  The surface on your boards is diffuse tho, as the doc says, so only ambient heat to worry about and a fan will help a lot with that.

I have the same propagator and fluouro in my clone box too, my first set of clones rooted in 48 hours ;)