When To Harvest?

scaremfright

Hello everybody, my ice plant have now been going the best part of ten weeks and by what i can make out the resin glands are all clear, maybe a few looking a slightly cloudy grey colour but i am finding it hard to tell. Should i just cut them now????? :toot:

cheers saldo, but i heard from one source on hear that you should wait untill they are 50%milky to clear, then i read in the "Indoor bible" that when they are all clear, just wanna clear this up incase they still have some growing to go.

it depend what kind of high u want.. if u want a up high, and not much of a body stone, harvest when u see 10 percent turning milky color, if u want a mellow out high, with some body effect, harvest when 50% of gland is milky color, and if u want a stone high, and stone body, harvest when 50% gland had turn amber..

just though I would ad that the best way to view these tricomes is through a minimum 30X microscope! I just picked one up for cheap at the toy store, and wow! talk about another world! I had a 10X and the difference is incredable!

Cheers!

:smoke:

I use the eye piece from my telescope turned round so I'm viewing down the tube through the viewing lense works real good but I'm gonna go for one of those little light ones ,they have light to iluminate and are very good so I'm told and quite cheap too,I did find a link to one somewhere but I've lost it :yinyang: never mind,but yeh they help loads we go for clear we like up buzz and with these you can tell when all the trichs are swollen not just stalks,youre smoke will be quality once you get used to that method,no doubt,G

• 2 weeks later...
J00lz Posted on Dec 4 2003, 12:21 PM

x 100 Magnification from Tandys for about 10 - 15 quid 

Was that in the High Times Joolz ? :smoke:

MH

I've got one very similar to the one j00lz posted, quality little peice of kit, and a bargain at £10.

The first thing I look for is wether they have swollen yet, I usually only let them turn slightly cloudy before they come down.

VRG

i bought one of those dear magnifiers from GW,and it's shite,

and the periscope viewer on it is crap............... :furious:

so i ended up buying the cheaper 1 aswell, but not from GW,i got mine from growi seeds in the dam for a £10.... :smoke:

cheers

sr

Edited by sittingrelaxing

and the periscope viewer on it is crap............... :furious:

cheers

sr

Oi!

you cant say that mate lol

we have a duty to promote 'the' sacred growshop at every opportunity

otherwise they might pull their sponsorship!

Then where would we be ? :yinyang:

lol i was talking about the periscope....... :yinyang:

it's focus and clarity is ruined by the periscope,i found the cheaper X30 a lot clearer....

i wouldn't possibly comment about GW,

sr

Edited by sittingrelaxing