Odour Control

Chunkz

Hi Guys,

Just planning a small setup in my loft. Thinking about the bio-bizz 2 plant kit from growell.

The loft runs along the entire house so very spacious but what I wont be able to do is mess around with extraction (Im in rented so wont be able to play with inlets/outlets).

My question is, given that I will be growing just a couple of plants and that it will be in the loft of a detached house - will I still need to consider environment / odour control. Im also worried about winter temps I imagine it will get cold up there.

I will be growing snow white a ww hybrid - not sure if they are likely to be whiffy??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Peace :smoke:

It will get very cold in the loft unless you install heating of some description with a thermostat to control it. Oil Filled radiators are a good way of doing this, as they are a bit more efficient than a fan or a bar heater.

You will need some kind of extraction in your grow area, even if you are just venting into the loft outside the grow chamber. If you don't have this, your plants will use up all the C02 in the chamber rather quickly, and will sicken.

As for smell control....its all going to depend on how big the plants get. A carbon filter will stop the air you extract from the chamber smelling of skunk, and sticking some ionizers in the room with your plants will help control it at that end.

It difficult to know if you will NEED odour control. You can never really tell until it starts to stink, but unfortunately, you get used to it, and so you often do not even realise that its stinking. I would at least have an ionizer in the room with the plants though. They are fairly inexpensive, do a reasonable job, plus the plants seem to like the negative ions in the air

Thanks for the quick response OMH, I hadnt planned on having a grow chamber - one end of the loft has a platformed floor. Is a grow chamber necessary/beneficial??

Will definately get a rad, thanks.

Where can I get an ionizer??

Sorry if these are obvious but as a noob Im a little clueless.

Btw - the kit Im getting contains 1 x 250 Watt Mini-Wing Lighting System comprising:

- Mini-Wing reflector.

- Power Plant 250 Watt ballast.

- 250 Watt Son-T-Plus lamp.

• 1 x Light Hanging Kit comprising:

- 4 metres of hanging chain.

- 2 ‘S’ Hooks.

- 2 Ceiling Hook Plates.

• 2 x 5 Litre Hydro Pots

• 2 x Brown Saucers

• 2 x 8cm diameter propagating net pots

• 1 x 1 Litre Bio-Bizz Propagating Light Mix

• 1 x 15 Litres Bio-Bizz All Mix

• 4 metres of standard black/white reflective sheeting

• Complete Bio-Bizz Organic 2-Plant Kit instructions

Ill be getting a fan for air circulation and Ill need a light timer contactor - anything else u can think of that I would need??

Thanks again

:smoke:

You would make your growchamber using the white plastic sheeting. Easiest way is to get some bits of wooden baton, and screw them through the plastic sheeting, into your roof beams, and into the floor. You need the sheeted off grow area, because it makes it easier to control the temps (you only have to extract a comparatively small amount of air to control the temp). It also serves as light proofing, and increases the reflection of the light in your room, so you get more efficiency out of your 250w light.

You should be able to get hold of an Ionizer or air cleaner from argos. I think b&q do them as well. Check their website for more details. No real hurry though. You will not get a bad stink until the last few weeks of flowering.

As for the other stuff...Not grown using Biobizz before, and so can't really give you advice on other stuff you might need to use with it. If you do not have a water supply up there, then maybe getting a container to store water in the grow area, such as a black plastic bin, might be a good idea, because it saves you having to mess on getting water to the loft quite so often

I have just set up a new grow room in my loft for my second grow. I have made a separate room within the loft with some spare floorboards, cut them down screwed them to the loft beams at the top and running down for the four corners and secured to a bit of wood at the bottom as a base. It is basically a wooden tent frame. Then I got a staple gun and stapled blackout lining inside the frame and then Mylar inside of that, got some velcro and have a door on the front with velcros shut. I have my Fluro's on in there at the mo there is a little light escaping through some of the staple holes, and a little from my ducting. But the loft nearly light tight anyway.

Have put a black bin up there and stuck a tap at the bottom and will fill with water so at least I will only have to fill that up every month or so. Am trying to run a hose pipe across the floor out the loft and into the gutter to get rid of water.

Hopefully all will be ok

Cheers OMH / Glowy - sound advice as always.

I look forward to sharing some grow pics with you in the coming weeks.

Mucho appreciados

Chunkz ;)