Just How Noisey R Pc Fans?

che guevara

hi,

i was wondering how noisey pc fans actually are, say if, for example i had 2 cooling a grow space a cupboard in my room would they wer away, denying me any sleep? or are they relatively quite? thanks, si

most pc fans come with decible ratings. I do not have any specific information as to how loud certain decibles are.

I do know that you can buy quite/whisper semi silent and silent pc fans. You can get ones which adjust their speed according to the temperature too ($10 www.hardcorecooling.com)

Hi, PC fans can be used in growing situations and for there size they do shift a lot of air, but no comparison to a proper inline extractor. And if you were to compare the two for noise the little pc fans running on say 12v will make a very high pitch sound compared to a large 4''-5'' extractor with much lower sounding noise to it.

I have both up in a loft and I can hear the pc fan whistling loudly when downstairs unless I turn its transformer down to 6v and then its so slow that I ‘am not sure its worth having. But my inline 4’’ can only be herd when I open the grow room door.

All the best,

Bud Brother.