Adding Flavours

BushDoctoR

ive read somewhere that if you feed your plants diluted flavouring a couple of hours before harvest, it will taste of that flavour

let me find the link...........

here it is

:execute:

sounds a bit iffy to me, and i dont think i'll try this myself, i just thought its an intresting read

[b-Dr]

2. Harvest crops when 50 to 80% of the pistils (hairs) have turned color.

A little dodgy but wot the hell ill give it a go, cinderella 99 with an espresso kick to it :):cat:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it works , I tried it last year with a Diluteable Orange

Flavoured Drink. Did it for the last 2 days before cutting (I assume you a NFT user)

It does add flavour to the Bud

But ..

Its sticky and makes a mess, everything has to be washed down fully

before re-using tank , pumps etc.

But it is nice to try

2 days is a bit long to be poisoning your baby, you only need to feed them flavours for about 5 hours just before you cut them down, surprising how quickly they take the flavours on.

I am still working on a sunday roast spliff (one plant fed, gravy and one fed beef stock, and another with some carrot juice)... :bush:

Guest Dashboard Dice

This stuff is made for the job!! :D

RIPEN

LATE FLOWERING NUTRIENT

For all growing methods, hydroponics and soil

N - P - K : 0 - 6 - 5

Ripen is a unique product in our industry. It is neither an additive nor a stimulator but a complete fertiliser that includes all that a plant needs to bring to term it's ripening process... and nothing else.

Ripen is a comprehensive plant nutrient used during the late flowering stage of the plant. It is specifically designed to speed up and enhance the ripening process, while increasing the content in active principles of medicinal, aromatic and culinary plants.

This type of formulation is referred to, in the greenhouse industry, as a 'forcing solution'.

Ripen is a mix of refined mineral salts and buffers, formulated by our laboratories with the greatest precision. Indeed, at this stage, accuracy is of the utmost importance: the plant, at the end of its life, is generally more fragile and the assimilation process is greatly reduced when compared with the vegetative phase.

Ripen acts at different levels:

It gives the plant a strong signal that it is coming to the end of its life. The plant reacts by speeding the ripening process, in a last effort to spread its genes.

It forces the plant to reinforce its defences and thus increase its active principles.

It brings to the plants all the mineral salts they need, in a form easy to assimilate.

In case of a previous accumulation of nitrate or microelements, it helps metabolise these residues, which will improve the taste of the crop.

This nutrient has many properties:

Outdoors, it enables you to quickly harvest a crop, before it is spoiled by a cold and humid weather.

Indoors, it helps you harmonise the end of the cycle by speeding up the ripening of the slowest plants.

In case of a severe infestation of fungi or insects, it allows you to accelerate the natural cycle and get something out of a crop otherwise completely lost.

It increases the active principle in medicinal plants. When you are growing a plant for its medicinal properties, this is the nutrient of choice to boost the concentration in the final product.

Application :

Ripen is adapted to soil and hydroponics, and all growing methods, no matter which nutrient was used during the plant's life. It is very easy to use.

The last 10 days of flowering add Ripen in water with adjusted pH (5,5 to 6,5).

In hydroponics : 4 - 5 ml/L with an EC of 1,8 to 2,2

In soil : same dosage every other watering.