What Size?

Marvelboy

:woot: Hi there, my growroom to be is only a small one w91cm d54cm h120cm, but hey, I'm sure it'll work lol

I'm gonna be growing organically using biobizz all-mix & envirolights to grow under.

I'll be attempting to grow nl as a 1st small but hopefully high yielding crop.

what size pots shall be best suited to ny needs? :)

The Bear

Sorry to butt in tonnabear,But i've just potted up from small square pots to 8inch round pots,and was wondering if these would be big enough to take my plant into flowering.

They are only about 15 days old and the roots were coming through in the square pots,made a bit of cockup when i transplanted into the bigger pots,the soil kept breaking up.

So if i need to pot up to bigger pots how the hell am i going to do it? Is it best to

do it when the root ball is dry or wet.And what size pot should i use for flowering?

Thanks again!

Hydro :smoke:

Check this thread Hydro.

The root ball should be slightly on the dry side when repotting, then water in well after repotting. It's entirely up to you what pot size you flower in, (growroom space, etc), but for best results let the plant fill out the final pot before going into 12/12.

You can flower in 8 inch pots hydro, it means keeping on the ball with your feeding though.

That was why I reccomended 9 or 10 inch pots for tonnabear, the bigger the compost mass the less chance there is of messing up.

Always transplant with a dry rootball, especially when the pot is large, you just invert the rootball with two fingers each side of the stem and your palm resting flat on the surface, a light tap upwards will free the pot and you can lift it off the root ball with no breakage or root disturbance at all. Have your new pot prepared in advance with the right amount of compost in the bottom to bring the rootball to just below the rim then fill roung the edges making sure you leave no voids. Water in and the plant will not know it has been moved as far as root disturbance is concerned. Read what I said about repotting and watering in Here! Its never to late if you need to repot but its best to get it done and the plant rooted out before flowering.

Final note, do not plant small plants into big pots, take it in stages for the very best results.

Thanks Guys!

Another quickie,Can i use bio-bizz nute's with John Innes no3 compost?

I was thinking of getting the Bio-bizz grow,bloom and Algamic from growell,is there anywhere cheaper to get it from?

And is it worth potting up to say 10inch pots with some allmix or shall i just stick with John Innes?

Sorry for all the Q's but i've just got into growing in soil and i love it,i spent Hours last night fluffing up the soil before i put it in the pots,I don't know if you have to do this but i enjoyed it just the same!

Thanks again OT1 and Mr B!

Hydro :smoke:

P.s I would love to meet you guys, just to thank you!

Edited by Hydro

Cheers guys :smoke:

I think i'll stick them in some 10 inch pots just before i go into flower using john Innes and bio-bizz nute's.

Thanks again.

Hydro. :smoke:

What feeding strength should i use with John Innes,Will it be the same as using All mix,and can i go by the bio-bizz feeding chart?

Thanks for any advice

Hydro :stoned:

Edited by Hydro

Now, this is a good topic :bush: very imformative. Cheers Hydro 4 butting in, u know wot questions 2 ask.

Heres 2 growing a successful crop :smoke:

Heres 2 growing a successful crop

I second that :yep:

P.s My babies are 18 days old(Afghaan and Ak-47)growing in John Innes No3 in 8inch pots,Shall i give them a feed of some bio-grow? If so how much?

Thanks

Hydro :headpain: