Fan Idea

che guevara

i saw on a website VERY high quality pc fans that are completely silent. I was wondering you guys reckon these would be powerful enough to ventilate a 1m cubed 400w grow area? I was thinking of getting the biggest one for an extractor + the cheapest one for an intake. Any opinions? the website is http://www.quietpc.com/uk/casefans.php im not trying to advertise btw.

Love you all,

Si

In theory you want to change the ai in the box a minimum of once every five minutes or so..so one cubic meter needs a fan that will shift 60/5 = 12 cubic meters per hour (someone shout if I've gone astray) The page you pointed to shows air volume throughput as CMH which is presumably what we're after...so in short the answer to your question is.....yes :)

They're cheap as anyway so you can always upgrade to something more effective if you find you need to.

Edited by MrBenn

you know how ppl who have too much money to spend on their PCs buy water cooling equipment and think they'r l33t.

well could you put that pointless equipment to a useful purpose and cool a light or grow space with it.

That's expensive for those fans at theat link!!

thry www.hardcorecooling.com

the 120mm fan is on sale for $4.99 (aprox 3.75 pounds sterling) plus shipping

the shipping may make it $12 but thats still chaeper than the fan itself on your site. The CFH/ CFM is higher too.

I'm about to buy two. 1 for intake and 1 to cool my light

• Like 1