Mono's SOG set-up......

Mono

Good photo-journalism mono,

I too have that plant watering kit from Growell - blumpf something. Yes and very good it is too - I have a 40 litre tank just above the veg chamber - and because they use wicks - the first 4 weeks they need training to find the wick (i.e. watering) so the drip has been an excellent technique to incorporate - less work all round.

With an hour to prep the systems - I could go away for up to 3 weeks now - without anything happening to my plants - which was the aim.

Hmm Mono - SoG-Guru - we don't have one of those, so the position's free...

tata!

Thanks hp, I think it's a bit premature considering this is my second SOG grow (SOG purists would say my first)......hang on m8, gf's saying premature award most suitable for me.....

Any pics about of your watering system.....?

Mono......x

Nice one mono!

I have  seen bits  about s.o.g on the forums but this has really helped me with my understanding.

I previously thought i needed chicken wire to sucesfully s.o.g!! I hope to give s.o.ging  a try a bit further down the line.With results like yours i would be a lazy stoner not too!

cheers mono all the best

HI greengrass, the chicken wire you mention is for SCROG grows (screen of green), this is useful with maybe a 250w lamp or less, or lower light intensity....SOG needs a bigger lamp to penetrate the canopy and allow the long colas to form, SCROG you just need the light to concentrate on one layer,attatched to the chicken wire....

Mono....x

Hi Mono, really interesting read, thanks

I have a very similar set up, almost exact dimensions, roof space, 600W HPS

For my first grow I'm just going straight up, no topping/training/FIM, SOG, etc.  I was told to top the Haze but it's staying so short and bushing out so radically I'm just going to see what happens.

The big issue with starting SOG from where I am is that I would either lose a plant or half a cycle to get the number of clones required.  I've got six plants and I've not decided whether to have a mother (low grow risk, high legal risk) or just take cuttings off each plant before flowering (opposite).  To do SOG I'd need another mother or a few weeks extra growth with one mother.  Either way I have to build my clone/mother chamber within the next two weeks.

I'm gonna take it steady, get some variety in my grow and then look at SOG again for my third or fourth grow.

Thanks again for your inspirational posts ;)

• 1 month later...

Respect Mono!

I'm at the flowering stage of my first grow and no one is more surprised than me lol

I was wondering about SOG and have a similar setup.

On reading your explanation it's Growell next stop cos they even sell the screen at a perfect size.

My Blueberry is about a week behind yours i reckon shame i don't ave a camera

Anyway thanx a lot for that Mono it's much appreciated I can tell ya

:angry:  :mad:  :alien: