I need advice designing my growroom

Burnah

Hey all. Im just nearly done converting the bottom half of my dresser into a mum/clone chamber, using flouros.

I had a design for a flower box but lost it and wanted to change it anyway. Ive got 80% of what I need to start my grow. Im going SWC, with a 250w HPS. My SWC container is roughly 17" x 21" x 7" high. Im looking to do a two plant scrog. I was thinking the 250w might be to much for this, and thinking maybe getting another container, but I dont have that much space :oldtoker:.

So I need help designing a growbox around this container and light. Also it cant be too high as it has to blend in.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. :cool:

Hi Burner,

few questions for you,

Are you planning on building a box from sratch?

What is your maximum height? (with the 250watt you really need to be able to keep it a reasonable distance from the plants)

Who you growing for? (i.e. what kind of yeild do you require)

I reckon the container size seems ok but hopefully someone with a little more hydro experience than me will chip in here.

The more info we get about your situation and plans the more we can help (hopefully).

see ya round m8 :thumbs:

ps. those of you who don't know.......Shallow Water Culture, essentially Deep Water Culture, but shallower  :oldtoker:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the box will be built from scratch. It will only be for personal use, maybe a few friends.

For height 3' if I can get away with it, but then I dont want to have it making too much noise due to venting, so maybe 42" if its a must. If I can get some rough dimensions I might buy a dresser and convert it, cause if its made from scratch it will be made elsewhere and I will have to find a way to transport it here.

Also Im thinking of air colling the light if I can.

Thanks again

Hi,

I'd recommend a visit to Overgrow - that's okay - we're not really rivals - and the info you need has already been specced out, designed and built - look on overgrow.com in the forums - growroom builder - or cannabisworld.com which has a Scrog section. Lots of expert info - already researched and typed in.

Gen up - and who knows - soon you could be our resident Scrog expert. It's perfect for those that want to grow - but do not have the space for a grow-room.

tata!

Yes-overgrow.com; the address below links to very nifty and comprehensive set of plans for a stealth cabinet useing SCROG and 250w HPS.  I have a grow room set up in a shed but am also considering building this neat little unit just for the fun of it.

http://www.overgrow.com/articles/10

Good Luck :dj:

Guest THE PUFFER
Also Im thinking of air colling the light if I can.

Air cooled lights are available fromGrowell and they also do the reflector seperately if you already have a HID light.