Biobizz All Mix

ELLIE

Is Allmix suitable for bringing on from seed?

I usually germinate in rockwool and formulex with the addition of PH down, but I'd like to stick to organic products if possible. (going to be using bio grow, bloom and topmax)

Lastly, is it advisable to re-pot once in flower? (got me some of these non-feminised beans and don't want to go into final pots with allmix as its too pricey!)

cheers

If you are planning on keeping the whole thing in pots, all mix is pretty good value, light and good air/water absorption. Not good for outdoor grows thouhgt (in soil). Bio Bizz products haven't disapointed me yet.

Detoxed

ELLIE really you should not force seed generation plants to show sex before they are mature, and for a plant to be mature, [a] you will already know its sex and it should be in a large/final pot anyway.

For best results plants should be grown on with as little or no checks throughout their life span. Before flowering the plant should be fully rooted through in its final pot. You can only bend nature so far without penalties. So seedlings forced into flowering at an immature stage will produce smaller crops and are much less potent.

If you add to that, that plants root most vigorously when in growth mode and that root mass = potential yield. Well you can draw your own conclusions.

You can get away with this more with rooted cuttings, I still don’t think you get the quality/quantity of a fully rooted out plant. But Mono does it and gets quite credible results.

Hi Ellie,

I use All-Mix right through. I germinate in it, veg in it and flower in it. Its a bit on the rich side for seedlings apparently - if you do use it from the word go you won't need to feed them until they're 2 or 3 weeks old. I've been doing as OT1 has recommended though, going up through the pot sizes while vegging, transplanting into their final pots and allowing them a couple of weeks to root through before switching to 12/12.

Hi OT1,

ELLIE really you should not force seed generation plants to show sex before they are mature, and for a plant to be mature, [a] you will already know its sex

I know I'm still new to this but I can't tell for certain what sex a vegging plant is, even when its mature (which I recognise by asymmetric branching of internodes). I can spot pre-flowers, but I'm not confident enough to rely on that indication to determine sex. :smoke:

Are pre-flowers that reliable?

you can get bio-bizz soil intended for seedlings i think... check growell. i start my plants off in rockwool, then veg them in potting compost, then when they get bigger repot them as needed into a mix of bio-bizz and compost 50/50.

preflowers are pretty damn reliable, but i think i've heard stories of people thinking they had male preflowers and then getting female plants, or maybe i'm just buzzing... if you flower the ones that look like they got male preflowers for a couple of weeks, the actual flowers will make it obvious which is which, long before any nasty pollen is produced... still a good idea to grow them apart from each other... just in case. i grow in the garden, males on one side, females on the other till i'm sure what to chop...

you'll figure it out...

The German

thanks for your replys chaps.

OT1, how do I adjust the ph of tap water without using ph down, or indeed, do I need to when growing in allmix.

I usually let tap water stand for approx. 24hrs, trouble is the ph remains around 7.6 - 7.8.

Will Allmix buffer this?

Will Allmix buffer this?

From my experience it won't. I am using allmix and my soil is stuck in 7.0 or higher ph and I can not get it to go down even with ph adjusted water. My plants are lime yellow and have gone to slow to no grow. If anyone has any ideas I will try them out.

I recommend using ph adjusted water straight from the get go. Should be no problems from then on. Seedlings love the allmix.

My tapwater is around the same high pH. I only adjust it down if I am flushing the medium (me, overfeed plants? never! :) ). I have checked the pH of my feed mixtures though, and found that grow, bloom or fish-mix at the recommended levels will themselves lower the pH of the water.

From my experience it won't. I am using allmix and my soil is stuck in 7.0 or higher ph and I can not get it to go down even with ph adjusted water. My plants are lime yellow and have gone to slow to no grow. If anyone has any ideas I will try them out.

I recommend using ph adjusted water straight from the get go. Should be no problems from then on. Seedlings love the allmix.

do you have one of those b&q pH probes????? mine always give me a reading of pH7 even though my soil is at about 5.5

Ellie i grow in allmix and use all the biobizz range. I ph adjust my tap water with a tiny bit of citric acid i water my plants with water ph 6-6.5

The good thing about allmix is you can reuse it. Ellie have you got a copy of the biobizz grow schedule there,s one kicking about on here somewhere

Edit to put link Grow schedule

Edited by saldo1

Alright there bud,The German was right you do get soil intended for seeds and baby plants -Bio-bizz LIGHT-MIX,same price but excellent for what you need as there is no feed and it is very light.

Hope this helps.

Peace Oblio. :)

[how do I adjust the ph of tap water without using ph down, ]

hi growers

one thing you can try if you've got a water butt is put a load of peat in there it's full of humic acid it'll turn the water brown and lower the ph. but depending on how hard your water is it could take days or weeks. ph and hardness are completly diffrent things the harder the water the harder it is to acidfy it. get a gh/kh test kit from an aquatic shop there about a fiver that'll give you an idea of how easy it will be to acidify the water. ph uppers and downers only really work properly if you have a low kh. the hardness in the water buffers the acid. i hope that helps you sorry for the post being so long but it's the only way i could think of writing it. i breed a lot of fish so have to lower my ph from 7.8 to 6.0

Edited by soretoez

hey how are you i'm cained?

it's abit to long winded to type out the important bits but here's a link to a fish keeping web site which tells you about kh, gh, and about adjusting the ph. it's more about water quailty with reverences to fish hope it helps cos it's alot harder to acidfy water then it is to harden it

pfk