Canna butter fudge

Joolz

would last me a day lol but i`d be stoned for a week lol

I've lost weekends down to edibles, and enjoyed (I think) each one that has happened

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just made me some of these with raspberry flavour and broken down oreo cookies. After I top it off with some white chocolate and let it cool down proper its going in the freezer in a kilner so I can save it for special occasions.

I cant wait to try some but its a bit late tonight and I dont feel brave enough to munch any :stoned:

Thanks for the recipe Joolz. This is my first first real bash at baking. I had to look up the 'soft-ball stage'. If I do it again I will get myself a sugar thermometer I think.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Will be making this over next week for Mrs FG who has just had bowel surgery to see if it helps , @@Joolz what butter recipe did you use mate ?

Great recipe Joolz, looks very moreish. May I add if anyone has problems with getting their fudge to set, you will find beating some air into the mixture should do it.

Will be making this over next week for Mrs FG who has just had bowel surgery to see if it helps , @@Joolz what butter recipe did you use mate ?

i cant remember now Farmer, its a while ago but it was probably about 4 oz of dry trim to one block of butter

If I was making it now I would use oil instead as its so much easier to dose at the level you require

wishing Mrs FG a speedy recovery :yinyang:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 16/03/2009 at 3:05 PM, Joolz said:

post-2-1237215908_thumb.jpg

Ingredients

butter to grease the tin

300ml milk or cream or any combination of the two

350g golden caster sugar

100g Canna Butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

grated chocolate (optional)

Method

Grease an 18cm square cake tin.

Put the milk, sugar and butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat slowly, stirring all the time, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted.

Bring to the boil and boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring all the time.

When the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (115°C on a sugar thermometer), remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.

Beat the mixture with a spoon for a few minutes until it starts to thicken and the gloss disappears.

Pour into the prepared tin and leave to set at room temperature (do not put it in the fridge).

Once set, cut the fudge into small squares and store in a sealed container.

You can use any flavouring you like , just omit the vanilla

Peanut butter is a nice variation, just stir in a couple of heaped table spoons at the the end :stoned:

Yums! Inspired to do some slow cooker canna fudge to share amongst the night shift crew.