• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goldie_2007

• oxo

• Randalizer

• bluecheese1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could make those balls shiny hash balls to reflect the UK420 logo?

If I can find a good enough hi res pic of some hash I'll have a go at making a repeating texture out of it to make the material. I have an image of uk420 outshining the other bulbs of ukcultivator, planet ganja, etc.. or just a load of broken bulbs with the uk420 one shining bright on top of the pile. However that will take me getting my head around using proxies for my geometry cos my comp wont handle too many polys on screen when editing.

More in a day or so, feel free to grab what you like for your desktops, chaps...

stunning Goldie :ouch:

forgot how good your pics are, if its cool with you, gonny use your original bulb pic as the new desktop lol

that new pics are also excellent, & as rand asked, could you make the uk420 image on the ball green ? thx

Thanks bluecheese, feel free to use it. Am trying to get back some of the feel the original render had but i dont have that rendering engine anymore, have to start again with the materials and lighting, got to tweak and tweak again, long and labourous. I'll work on the green material tomorrow, got some textures I found on the net for it, shouldn't be too difficult. :ouch:

Edited by goldie_2007

Cheers guys lol Should have expected the puns :rofl: I created this image in 3DS Max 9 in about 4 hours. Was trying to get the filament material to look more realistic with more of a blinding glow, any 3ds or photoshop users got any ideas on how I'd go about creating this?

I'm gonna play with it a bit and try to get a bit more photo-realism into the scene....

There's some wicked filters in Eye Candy for Photoshop, I've got an old version "Eye Candy 2000" but there's gona be a more upto date version out there now that's even better.

;)

this stuff always amazes me ! saw some on another forum of engines/carbs with all the manifolds and pipework running round :(

want to have another look at the octobox ones you did now

nice one mate

hiya goldie,

did you try using the video post effects in 3dsmax to do the glow, iirc thats the only way to do glow effects like you'd get in photoshop.

If your into your 3d and don't mind a ballache of a time learning new software then check out blender. its completely free, produces broadcast quality renders, has some really funky rendering plugins (like physically unbiased renderers which simulate light physics and produce incredible images. hang on i might have one i done lying around...

hmm can't find anything else that isnt branded atm but i did this in blender. OO and this.

post-43740-1289352412_thumb.jpgpost-43740-1289352420_thumb.jpg

sorry the pics are a bit small. couldnt find the masters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi goldie,

I've had a quick play in photoshop to add a bit of glow to the bulb :rofl:

Would love to get into 3d rendering, might give 3DSMAX a go.

post-53865-1290079616_thumb.jpg

What renderer are you using? If scaline I'd say set the material ID to a unique No. and then use glow from post effect not sure if it would work through a raytraced material though. If you were using mentalray or Vray you should be albe to create a light material and apply it directly to the object.

hiya goldie,

did you try using the video post effects in 3dsmax to do the glow, iirc thats the only way to do glow effects like you'd get in photoshop.

If your into your 3d and don't mind a ballache of a time learning new software then check out blender. its completely free, produces broadcast quality renders, has some really funky rendering plugins (like physically unbiased renderers which simulate light physics and produce incredible images. hang on i might have one i done lying around...

hmm can't find anything else that isnt branded atm but i did this in blender. OO and this.

post-43740-1289352412_thumb.jpgpost-43740-1289352420_thumb.jpg

sorry the pics are a bit small. couldnt find the masters.

Nice work Funk, Blender looks a really good well supported program, TBH though I have spent years getting this far with MAX that I am reluctant to change.

Hi goldie,

I've had a quick play in photoshop to add a bit of glow to the bulb :rofl:

Would love to get into 3d rendering, might give 3DSMAX a go.

post-53865-1290079616_thumb.jpg

Nice effect Weaselteaser :nea:

What renderer are you using? If scaline I'd say set the material ID to a unique No. and then use glow from post effect not sure if it would work through a raytraced material though. If you were using mentalray or Vray you should be albe to create a light material and apply it directly to the object.

Ah a MAX proficient person, I was using Mentalray but have now switched to Vray and have discovered how to set a light as geometry now.

When will these bulbs hit the shops?

-2Hi

If only... :B):

Am converted to vray now and am building the components for a new growroom design...

post-23159-1290081911_thumb.jpgpost-23159-1290081929_thumb.jpg