• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goldie_2007

• oxo

• Randalizer

• bluecheese1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers guys :yep: Should have expected the puns :rofl: I created this image in 3DS Max 9 in about 4 hours. Was trying to get the filament material to look more realistic with more of a blinding glow, any 3ds or photoshop users got any ideas on how I'd go about creating this?

I'm gonna play with it a bit and try to get a bit more photo-realism into the scene....

yeah it would be quite easy to neon the text in photoshop, although to get the rear reflection looking right, would take a lot trail and error.

The glass effect is simply awsome out of interest have you got the text available on a transparent layer?

Thanks again for the comments. It's appreciated :yep:

yeah it would be quite easy to neon the text in photoshop, although to get the rear reflection looking right, would take a lot trail and error.

The glass effect is simply awsome out of interest have you got the text available on a transparent layer?

Here you go oxo, I rendered a pass of the alpha channel for the text, feel free to play about with it, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

post-23159-1235249564_thumb.jpg

Now theres a challange! I was thinking something along the lines of this:

post-40072-1235250000_thumb.jpg

I could cut the text out hopefully from yours, and go from there, i'll ave a go tomoz :yep:

Second thoughts, I dont think a neon would look any good in your glass tube mate, I doubt youll

get it looking any better, the more I look at it the more I reckon its perfect as it is.

I know who to ask for any 3D stuff B)

Peace!

Edited by oxo

What version of Photoshop are you using Oxo? If your lucky enough to have CS4 I think you can import 3ds data straight in to photoshop for painting in 3D. What are your compositing skills like? Was picturing it in my drobe, the plants soaking up the rays from my UK420 powered bulb :wink:

On that note have tried taking some photo's of my drobe with the light up high out the way, so it can't be seen but is giving the orange hue to the picture, but I keep getting these horizontal black lines across the picture, like when you point a camcorder at a tv, another workaround needed :rofl:

• 1 year later...

Been playing around with 3ds max again, dug this old work out from my retired laptop and thought I'd try and improve on the original. Am havin to go arse about tit doing it as I am now 64bit and dont have a copy of the rendering engine (Vray) I originally used, so standard 3dsmax mentalray engine being used here.

I'm trying to get some inspiration in me to do some nice artwork with the model, for now some test renders... :ouch:

Reflections

post-23159-1288828537_thumb.jpg