Testing detox drinks at home before real test!

homz

what if you had been to amsterdam recentley?

nowt wrong with that is there?

technically, there shouldnt be because u didnt do anything illegal

but ur still not going to get the job if u fail, regardless of where u smoked

I tested myself 5 times but only drank one detox drink - I think you're totally right. Even though I've shown 5 negative tests, I'm still not going to smoke until the real test, which is in a couple of weeks - that will give me 3 odd weeks of no smoking, and I'm still going to do the detox drink on the day of the test. I think my test will be quite strict as I'm working at night on the railways (D&A required for PTS to work on the tracks).

Yeah the litmus test I did showe negative though very faint lines so they may well do further investigations :)

Just so you know your lines will always come in a bit faint if your flushing or the sample is dilute...It is considered an indicator of use or furter testing, but only if they are really faint, or they don't show up within a several minute period... you got about 5 minutes when they dunk it in the sample, after that if they question it and can send it off then they probably will, or they'll send you to somewhere else for another test and it would be a stinger!!! But it sounds like your doing the right thing by stopping now... I know it sucks but it should be worth it if you get the job and it'll be worth it, cause the next smoke you have could be ;), but it's gonnal knock you sideways and make your ears whistle... Hang in there and good luck with the job :D

I tested myself 5 times but only drank one detox drink - I think you're totally right. Even though I've shown 5 negative tests, I'm still not going to smoke until the real test, which is in a couple of weeks - that will give me 3 odd weeks of no smoking, and I'm still going to do the detox drink on the day of the test. I think my test will be quite strict as I'm working at night on the railways (D&A required for PTS to work on the tracks).

Yeah the litmus test I did showe negative though very faint lines so they may well do further investigations :(

Just so you know your lines will always come in a bit faint if your flushing or the sample is dilute...It is considered an indicator of use or furter testing, but only if they are really faint, or they don't show up within a several minute period... you got about 5 minutes when they dunk it in the sample, after that if they question it and can send it off then they probably will, or they'll send you to somewhere else for another test and it would be a stinger!!! But it sounds like your doing the right thing by stopping now... I know it sucks but it should be worth it if you get the job and it'll be worth it, cause the next smoke you have could be :wink:, but it's gonnal knock you sideways and make your ears whistle... Hang in there and good luck with the job :(

yea

it def sucks to stop

i stopped for 4 weeks because i knew i was going to talk to a company about ajob

i get there and talk to them and everything goes good but they said to come back in april

(im lookin fora summer internship) because with the way the economy is they dont

know if theyll have enough work

so i stopped for all that time for nothing

and now its been 2 1/2 weeks since my last smoke because ive got to continue looking

it just sucks

at least u have a def day u have to test and its easy to stay motivated

its really hard knowing that im stoppin and may not end up getting tested until the summer, if at all

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the litmus test I did showe negative though very faint lines so they may well do further investigations :spliff:

Just so you know your lines will always come in a bit faint if your flushing or the sample is dilute...It is considered an indicator of use or furter testing, but only if they are really faint, or they don't show up within a several minute period... you got about 5 minutes when they dunk it in the sample, after that if they question it and can send it off then they probably will, or they'll send you to somewhere else for another test and it would be a stinger!!! But it sounds like your doing the right thing by stopping now... I know it sucks but it should be worth it if you get the job and it'll be worth it, cause the next smoke you have could be :spliff:, but it's gonnal knock you sideways and make your ears whistle... Hang in there and good luck with the job :spliff:

Cheers dude! I'm actually already in the job but it now involves working on the railway track so I have to get a ticket to do it which invoves a drug test. Still off the weed though - I think i've got another 2 odd weeks before the test so fingers crossed!! This is by far the longest I've gone without smoking in the last 12 odd years! I don't usually smoke baccy but i'm smoking rollies to substitute...rubbish eh? But it will be worth it in the end...I hope! Sooo looking forward to a smoke afterwards - I've actually booked my flights the dam the weekend after the test - Yey!

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The increasing prevalence of companies making you do drug tests is worrying, its complete horse shit because realistically the only drug they pick up is Cannabis virtually everything else is out your system inside 24 hours, they are also the reason we have shit like spice, in my opinion if you have any way possible of avoiding a job that drug tests I would, alot of the time depending on the job you wont get notice, my mate drives coaches and due to health reasons had taken some time off smoking, during that time he had a very minor clash of mirrors in the depot, this led to an instant drug test, it just isn't worth taking the chance.  I personally wouldn't do any job where it didn't make sense like say in an office, thats just taking fucking liberties, what I do outside of work time is my business, I don't particularly like having to do what the government dictates but fuck am I going to be told what I can do on my own time by my employer

They do the swab test at my work but, like a lot of organisations, they're only going to test you if they have a genuine reason to.  I keep my head down at work so I'm not really concerned about it.  The thing that worries me way more is being tested positive when driving to work.

• 1 month later...

From my own experience, home tests are extremely accurate. If you can pass a home test on your first void of the day, you will pass your actual test. To minimize the risks I'd suggest that you consider a detox drink. Hope this helps

Edited by Owderb
Link removed

if your up for a swap/sweat test,wash your face & hands with soap before going out.

if your up for a urine test, stop smoking & never ever give them your first piss of the day, drink loads of water & consider getting a creatine drink from the likes of holland&barrett,

if you flush your system with water, your creatine levels drop & it can be an indicator to the tester that  your urine is watered down, also consider getting vitamin B3 tablets.

& lastly, if the tester asks you if you've taken any over the counter medicines, say you've been taking Ibrufen/Ibuprofen for muscle/joint pain as it gives a false positive if the dosage

is high enough, ie  over 1200mg, also just too say that the maximum a man can take is 3200mg a day, women can take a maximum of 2400mg.

• Like 1