coco/pebble mix with continous water feed???????

SpooonS

ok im just starting up another grow after not doing it for a while and am changing my technique somewhat......ive started some seeds in those peat jiffy things, rooted they will move into those bio peat pots with pebbles, from there they will go into approx 10l pots(morrisons flower buckets) with a coco/pebble 70/30 mix as ive read about. 4 pots in 3 grow bag trays in approx 1.2 x 1.2, but im not one for faffing and rather than using a timer i would like to have them on a constant dripper, keeping the grow medium constantly damp!!!!Is this going to be ok?? I have done nft in the past and the plants dont seem to mind the constant watering so im hoping it will work....any info would be much appreciated...

Now spooons, unless you have some kind of run to waste system It could be a juggling act between drying them out and standing in water.

I have mine on a pump with adjustable drippers fed 5 mins. on a morning then 10 minutes on an evening when I can watch them and "balance" the flow of the drippers hopefully getting run off from the pots at the same time, this way I waste very little nutes.

post-4617-1232791252_thumb.jpg

post-4617-1232791298_thumb.jpg

WB

Edited to add, they're planted in coco mate with just a layer of clay pebbles over the top to help stop them drying out so quick.

Edited by woodbutcher32

Hey thanx for the info woodbutcher........so you think they should defo have a drying out period in between feeding, rather than on a continous slow feed?

It's hard to overwater coco and personally I never let them dry out completely, just be aware that unless you get the drippers and pump strength correct you could lose a lot of nutes, also as your plants get bigger they are gonna want more water/nutes so this is best achieved with a timer or adjustable drippers.

WB

Guest budbomba

go 1 15minute feed in veg

and 3 x 15min feeds in flower

get yourself a timer , they only cheap and gives them good routine