You don't always need a macro for closeups

THC4METOO

Hi folks,

This was taken using a cheap Ricoh compact point and shoot camera through a 30X magnification loupe, not to bad.

It is a close up of some top grade Riffmans Moroccan hash.

post-28825-1229886814_thumb.jpg

H.T.

:stoned:

Cool pic HT,

Just been playing with my camera,

Took a few macro shots of my POG clones at day 19 of 12/12

post-28936-1229887626_thumb.jpgpost-28936-1229887656_thumb.jpgpost-28936-1229887689_thumb.jpg

This is with standard 18-55mm lense

It performs well in many other avenues but for some reason not for indoor plant pics, too much flash, or if turned off, too much camera shake.

Try stickin a few skins or a coffe filter over the the flash to diffuse the light. :rofl::unsure:

• 4 months later...

Taken with a 7.2mp Cybershot I paid 80 notes for about 2yr back, cropped to about 1/4 of its

original size then resized (no loupe)..

post-14248-1240441830_thumb.jpg

If you're buying a compact you want to take macros on, check the spec online first. Make sure

it has a macro function - the higher mp it has the further you'll be able to crop in - compare the focal

depth of the lens against other cameras in your price range, you want it as short as possible.. lol