You don't always need a macro for closeups

THC4METOO

Some folks have the idea that you can only take close up pictures with a DSLR and dedicated macro lens. Well before splashing out on that DSLR why not try using your loupe? I've never managed to take a half decent indoor plant picture with my Pentax DSLR yet, nice, but not what I was expecting. It performs well in many other avenues but for some reason not for indoor plant pics, too much flash, or if turned off, too much camera shake.

Anyways, I borrowed my missus Panasonic Lumix compact (sub £100 9 months ago) and held my loupe as close and as steady as I could to the lens. Different distances give different effects, but they all seem to have come out quite well.

So for the people who looked at my lil grow diary and thought there was no pics on there (my fault, I did say so), here's a few closeups. I just wish you could see them before they were reduced - yummylicious.

post-11426-1229880938_thumb.jpg

Interesting, was in jessops today pricing a macro lense for my canon450d, Its the Canon EF 50m f/5.2 and it's £195.73 :ouch: but it's amazing had a good play with it. Lets get saving again :spliff:

Also what do you use to get the really really close up shots of trichs :rofl:

very nice m8, it certainly looks tasty,

a friend just got a great usb camera an 200x scope, check out trichomes close up in my sig for the pics,

and only £45, gotta get me one, i love the close ups :rofl:

atb.

edited to make sense.

Edited by newbudda

Some lovely lookin buds there Thc, good point you make to sometimes its simply just knowing how to use the camera properly, i only ever used a basic pocket camera, a canon powershot A400 can pick it up for around £40, just to show off a couple of examples ..

post-17230-1229885031_thumb.jpg

lovely shots

cheers old bean

Interesting, was in jessops today pricing a macro lense for my canon450d, Its the Canon EF 50m f/5.2 and it's £195.73 :D but it's amazing had a good play with it. Lets get saving again :D

Also what do you use to get the really really close up shots of trichs :ouch:

If anyone can, canon can (charge that much, I mean) :D . Those really, really close ones may use a microscope, I've only got me loupe but who knows what santa will bring :rofl:

a friend just got a great usb camera an 200x scope, check out trichomes close up in my sig for the pics,

and only £45, gotta get me one, i love the close ups :spliff:

atb.

edited to make sense.

cheers dude, gonna check the sig now. Oh yeah, ice cream smells as good as it looks :nea:

Nice pics THC dude :rofl:

I've never used em myself but i've seen some jaw dropping pics by peeps

usin cheap Diopter lenses stacked 2 or 3 deep on their kit lens..

I use a dedicated macro lens and Kenko extension tubes, there's a few pics in the link in me sig..

atb.

edited to make sense.

WOW cool close ups, love the pics. all credit to ya. tell me more about the camera and scope........ how dya get the lense to be compatible with the scope or is it function of the camara , or is the scope with the camera . they sure are v clear and so close :spliff:

Some lovely lookin buds there Thc, good point you make to sometimes its simply just knowing how to use the camera properly, i only ever used a basic pocket camera, a canon powershot A400 can pick it up for around £40, just to show off a couple of examples ..

lovely closeup action RJ :rofl:, you prove the point even without a loupe.

Nice pics THC dude :D

I've never used em myself but i've seen some jaw dropping pics by peeps

usin cheap Diopter lenses stacked 2 or 3 deep on their kit lens..

I use a dedicated macro lens and Kenko extension tubes, there's a few pics in the link in me sig..

beautiful pics mate, I'm looking at getting something similar for the pentax soon.

atb.

edited to make sense.

WOW cool close ups, love the pics. all credit to ya. tell me more about the camera and scope........ how dya get the lense to be compatible with the scope or is it function of the camara , or is the scope with the camera . they sure are v clear and so close :spliff:

The camera is a panasonic lumix DMX FX-30, 7mp, cost £100 9 months ago but it seems to have gone up since. Just a normal clean loupe held right upto the lens. You may need to dislocate a couple of fingers and use some sticky tape to achieve it really well but its certainly do-able :ouch:. Just keep it still and don't use a flash, make sure there's enough light, I just use the spotlights in the ceiling.

happy louping y'all :nea:

e2a: full plants can be found here - http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=153961

Edited by THC4METOO