Clover

rocky

hi,

I heard from some one that clover (not the margarine but the 3 leaved plant) is an excellent source of nirtrogen, which is why its good for lawns.

1. Is this true?

2. would it be worth introducing some to my plant's pot which has a few yellowing leaves.

If this wont work, what else can i use which i may have lying about my shed or my local homebase which will help nitro probs.

thnx for ur help

rockj

Hi there Rocky,

Yes you are right, clover does add nitrogen to soil. But I doubt it would do much to your pot of soil. As far as I remember from a farmer round my way, it takes a lot of the stuff over a period of time to have any effect.

How old are your plants? What nutirents are you using just now?

Peace 'n' Hugs

nah im not exactly growing organicly, but its an organic question. i suppose its better to not be smoknig chemicals so im interested in organic growing.

my plant is 14 weeks old and iv just started force flowering it. (im growing under gods big 6,000,000watt lamp) Its pottd in a mix of moss peat and general long term commercial compost. Im using some feed i found in the house, seems to be doing the trick but i dont wana feed them too often or too much. i think im being fairly cautious.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=14713

Theres a couple of pics of her at 12 weeks. (shes ALOT bigger now cos of the heat wave and all that sun last week)

ta

rocky

If you just want a nitrate feed a teaspoon of dried blood sprinkled over the compost surface and then watered in with a fine rose will do the job. Chem sulphate of ammonia half a teaspoon will do the same.

I think you would be much better feeding with a balanced liquid feed every water.

Chempac make several, miracle grow or Phostrogen are all easy to use chem ferts.

You can find all of the above at a good garden centre.

For organic liquid feeds Biobizz or earth juice are good but you will have to get them from a grow shop. I don’t know of one you can get from a garden centre.

thnx for the advice man, il take it into cconsideration. i think il carry on with this feed for this grow just feed it abit more liberally. il invest next grow (im lazy and poor tbh)

ta

rocky