The new "Commercial Cannabis" thread.

Arnold Layne

Thread restarted after being derailed elsewhere.

One of the worst things to happen since prohibition started is the contamination of cannabis. And I am not talking about gritweed, soapbar or anything else.

There is a hidden menace out there on the streets, and it is making folks ill, maybe even fatally so. Its found in what looks like the finest bestest bud you've ever purchased. You may look and say "No grit", but don't be so easilly fooled! What did the grower do to bring you that bud?

Here at UK420, we have long since been aware of this menace. Oldtimer has often mentioned it, as here (The emboldening is mine, the words all Oldtimer. Hope you don't mind me highligthin' those lines OT?):

All drugs have some risks.

In 2003 there were 6,580 directly related alcohol deaths – up from 5,970 in 2001. This is not including indirect problems such as suicide or from things such as depression, accidents or violence.

Again the last figures in 03 say there were more than 28,000 hospital admissions caused by alcohol dependence or poisoning.

Alcohol was implicated in 33,000 deaths in 03 and one in six people attending accident and emergency units has alcohol-associated injuries, according to figures from Alcohol Concern.

There has been only ever been one death that a coroner has directly attributed to cannabis use in the uk; and that decision was very dubious..

I am not saying cannabis may not trigger schizophrenia but the data or question asked have not been looked at in the right way IMHO.

For instance 2/3 of people with schizophrenia smoke tobacco. That's about twice the incidence in the "normal" population who don’t smoke tobacco.

I don’t think there is any data at all on people who smoke or take cannabis without tobacco and suffer schizophrenia, or how they deviate from sufferers who don’t smoke tobacco.

Tobacco contains nicotine a nerve poison that progressively damages the synaptic paths in the brain, cannabis may well have a synergistic effect when used with tobacco, while having little or no effect on its own.

The thing is no one is looking and no one knows.

No one is looking at the effect that black market growers practises may have, who tend to use organophosphate insecticides and fungicides on their crops from seed to harvest. Metric tons of their products are consumed in the uk every year. No one is looking at the damage of smoking cannabis containing many times the maximum so called safe levels of these chemical poisons.

The thing is there has not been one bit of valid research looking at cannabis, or the implications of its commercial black economy production.

Mum we give people, anyone who wants to know how! All the information they may need to grow their own cannabis, clean of chemicals and poisons, its their choice. They are free to dump their dealer and all baggage that comes that association.

As far as I can make out cannabis is one of the safest drugs anyone can take, statistics say it is hundreds of times safer than common things like paracetamol which has about 45,000 referrals to hospital and causes over 150 deaths a year across Britain..

On the Australian report! More systemic insecticides are used in Australia producing cannabis, because their pest problem is so much higher due to the higher temperatures. I will bet the people making the report never even looked at the residue factor or its possible implications in relation schizophrenia.

There is only one way to ensure a clean, safe smoke.

Grow your own, and ditch the dealer.

That is the UK420 message.

According to some over at the website of a certain rather redundant activist group in Norwich, we are supporting the use of contaminants. Let the world rest easy: We do not. We warn against them time and again. It is a shame that people cannot bother to read what we have posted here, before posting slander and disinformation on their site. But we have come to expect that, I suppose.

Be safe out there peeps! And grow your own chem free naturally stimulating and perfectly safe Cannabis. Its good for you!

• Like 16

Amen To that Arnold! Its definitely good for me!

I was only thinking earlier how tasty (and quite stimulating), homegrown, organic(ish) cannabis really is.. :)

Like it says in Keyes sig 'Grown here, Not flown here!'.. :rofl:

Free, Clean Weed for All.

peace..

Edited.. commas.

Edited by Stonehenge
  • Like 1

Indeed Arnold,

"According to some over at the website of a certain rather redundant activist group in Norwich, we are supporting the use of contaminants. Let the world rest easy: We do not. We warn against them time and again. It is a shame that people cannot bother to read what we have posted here, before posting slander and disinformation on their site. But we have come to expect that, I suppose."

and that is coming from chumps who still smoke soapbar or like pinky smoke Sativex soaked joints :)

• Like 1

"According to some over at the website of a certain rather redundant activist group in Norwich, we are supporting the use of contaminants. Let the world rest easy: We do not. We warn against them time and again. It is a shame that people cannot bother to read what we have posted here, before posting slander and disinformation on their site. But we have come to expect that, I suppose."

Can't repeat that message enough, imo.

:)

Ich Bin Ein Organica! B)

Thanks for putting this thread back on track Arnold :)

I've wonderd about this question of contamination by pest sprays etc before, I think Boojum mentioned it - never seen OT's post on it before today though. Nice one, valuable information

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It's curious how the adulterer would choose harmful rather than innocuous substances to cut in the mix. I was quite shocked to find this...

Lead Poisoning Due to Adulterated Marijuana

"As a consequence of strict regulations, lead intoxication has not occurred in Germany in recent decades. Recently, during a period of 3 to 4 months, 29 patients (16 to 33 years of age) were admitted to four different hospitals in the greater Leipzig area (population, approximately 650,000) with classic signs and symptoms of lead intoxication. Twenty of these patients were admitted to our hospital (University Hospital Leipzig), 16 on an emergency basis (Table 1Table 1Clinical and Laboratory Characteristics of 16 Patients with Lead Intoxication.). The patients presented with abdominal cramps, nausea, anemia of varying severity, and fatigue. Most patients had basophilic stippling and a “Burton's line,” and some had neurologic symptoms. In other hospitals, one patient had severe encephalopathy with hallucinations and peripheral neuropathy with permanent extensor palsy in the forearm, and another patient underwent exploratory laparoscopy.1"

hXXp://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc0707784

The whole article is worth reading.

We don't know how widespread the practice of adding lead or other heavy metals to cannabis actually is but we do know that these days the majority of commercial dealer cannabis is contaminated with something or other. The link between lead poisoning and schizophrenia is well documented, other contaminants are certainly capable of causing illness too.

Prohibition, the opportunity to exercise extreme hate upon the sons and daughters of the nation and make a big profit while doing it, courtesy of the government.

Edited by schmoakie
  • Like 3

lol:)

I still give a fuck, Hvy!

I know - whaddasurprise! :woot:

But.....

I watch how the folks around me smoke street-kak, and it fills me with alarm. Watched a youngster at a party, recently - I say "youngster", I suppose she may have been about 30-40 (?), but she was chuggin' away like a good'un on massive tobacco & (commercial) weed spliffs, then hacking her lungs up and looking like death. From the way she behaved after each spliff, I don't think she was even getting high or stoned. I found myself wondering (because the smoke from her spliffs smelled ghastly), just what was she smoking with such vigour?And what impact on her young and healthy life?

Drugs is one thing, but smoking un-related chems and nutes, that's just plain wrong.

The whole commercial scene is wrong.

Prohibition, is wrong.

Prohibition is killing our youngsters, your kids and my kids. So yeah, I give a fuck.

I think I might write/print off a leaflet to distribute.

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 6

Drugs is one thing, but smoking un-related chems and nutes, that's just plain wrong.

The whole commercial scene is wrong.

Prohibition, is wrong.

Prohibition is killing our youngsters, your kids and my kids. So yeah, I give a fuck.

+1 :yep:

good post Arnold...

Guest grandad

there was a guy at liverpool uni who used to test soap bar. sump oil, cow shit and lots of other nasties were detected, in large quantities sometimes. personally i can tell if the bud i smoke was grown organicly, folk who grow hydroponic swear it tastes as good as organic, but organicly grown cannabis stands out, nothing is as smooth or sweet. 18 years ago i used miracle grow, flushed for 2 weeks at the end, i thought then it was fantastic, it would choke me nowadays.

• Like 2

Don't think it's anywhere near the problem it was Arnie but it's very rare I buy any. I haven't even seen soapbar since coming out of prison. Home grown weed, oh sorry killer skunk, is pushing the majority of the crap out of the market imo. Yay.