Temp Problems

BushDoctoR

i have been having some temp problems recently, ive noticed that my thermometer can go upto 35c in the day (under light), i know its not optimum growing temperature, but is it TOO hot??

ive also been thinking how i could keep temps down without installing more ventilation, seeing as my space is only small, im gonna put a large bottle of ice next to my passive air input, what d'ya reckon?? think it will work?? gonna try anyways

>>BushDoctoR<<

:smoke:

but that will only last so long...cuz they'll melt.

Maybe you can get a fan cooler that you put water (ice cold) in the resevoir and it will draw and blow the coolness into the air. =) I have one of those....sure beats a fan, except its pretty big, snd seeing you have little space :smoke:

-F1ve

well whadya know, its BD!

easy M, i too had probs with temps hitting high, and i had went and installed a 6" RVK cos of these summer temps ---> http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=13545.

is your HPS air cooled? i followed a guide in here somewhere about aircooling, just by drilling a few holes in your reflector above the bulb, and securing the venting by bolts, took me about an hour and half to do but will reduce those temps.

just my tuppence, hope it helps.

respect

BB

:smoke:

wassup 5x5, BB??

but that will only last so long...cuz they'll melt.

i can keep replacing them....... if they dont melt too quick

is your HPS air cooled?

i got a fan blowing the heat towards the extractor

im gonna give the ice a try, if it doesnt work i'll have to spend some money :puke:

>>BushDoctoR<<

post-29-1059685414.gif

Its time to get your aircon out we are in for a mini heat wave, by wednesday daytime shade temps are expected to reach 37/38c round the 100f mark.

If you have very fast air exchange plants indoors where the Co2 levels maintained round the 300 ppm mark, plants will grow ok up to 28 to 30c, after that they stall. If it gets above 40c some plant damage will happen.

Guest cali-trap
Its time to get your aircon out we are in for a mini heat wave, by wednesday daytime shade temps are expected to reach 37/38c round the 100f mark.

wtf.

that's just not british. B) i'm SO glad i've harvested.

get a fast fan circulating air around the growing area for at least the daylight hours. should help it drop 3-4c together with other cooling measures.

definetly noticed a slow in growth over the last couple of day's it's been like 28/30 deg's in my room and it's gonna get worse,:smoke: damb weather. getting out my little b&q air con 10.000 btu i hope that help's a bit...cheer's for the warning ot.... sonic..

Edited by sonicgrow

ive tried the bottle of ice thing but its not made any real difference to the temp :smoke:

its also pretty awkward

>>BushDoctoR<<

• 2 weeks later...

ideal temp for weed is 28 degrees...anything over 30 for an extended period of time(more than an hour) you going to have some probs.

over the last few days my temps have dropped from 36c down to 28c :D

i hope thats the end of the heat wave

[b-Dr]

-hope that's the back of it! - it was ruinous to my all-over suntan - too F*****g hot to go out in! (feel positively pale!) :bush: