Organic Soil Mix

minisog

Just had a look at that old thread, love the way OT sussed he was from the states, just from a Compost mix lol

MP yes both vermiculite and perlite can be used in organic mixes.

I don't understand. OT1 and many other members say adding perlite/vermiculite it pointless and counterproductie. Should we use it or not? I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me.

The way I see it is that if your in organic soil using organic feed then there is no need for vermiculite, perlite fytocell or whatever as the soil should balance itself, perhaps people use it as a saftey net if they are unsure, if I used chemicals to feed my plants then I'd definitely use one of them. Can't sing sands praises enough tho personally it's great stuff.

I don't understand. OT1 and many other members say adding perlite/vermiculite it pointless and counterproductie. Should we use it or not? I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me.

No, it's a dead waste of space that brings nothing to a mix. Use something beneficial like coir instead.

• Like 1