Guest stoner_boy

Hey wats up i new hear. wat it like?

can u give me some advise on-

1) general growing for beginners

2)hydroponics

3)good seeds 2 start with

Thanks alot.

Hi M8 and Welcome.

im sure you will find the info you need on this site.

check this link for info on basic growing:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?act=...s&CODE=03&ID=14

Hydroponics, well there are lots of different hydro systems and techniques but basically its growing without soil!! where you supply all the nutrients the plant needs. Check the hydro forum, lots of informative posts there.

good seeds, well it depends what you want as in high, and also on your grow space, and lots of other factors. if you want a nice easy grow with a plant that will take some abuse pick a plant with a strong genetics, something like Skunk#1, pick a seed bank with a good reputation. Have a look in the uk420 shop there are loads to choose from there. im sure there will be other peeps posting some more ideas soon.

have fun and hope this helps.

L0tus

;) this'll liven up the thread! - a bit of bias here! - just can't see the point of hydroponics! - expensive, fiddly, pumps to break down, ph levels to check, pipes to block....ok for a big pro grow, but for a small amateur grow, I'd recommend soil, mostly 'cos its forgiving - small slip on hydro - crop failure! - you've got to try really hard to kill a plant in soil. ;)

your nuts mate, ;)

im growing in soil for now, and i hate it, i cant wait till my crops done and i get me a bubbler on the go B)

im going hydro because:

plants grow faster (suposedly)

height restrictions

grow experience ;)

and hydro aint that expensive, you can build bubbling bucket for less than a tenner, the most expensive thing i need to buy myself is a pH meter (£15 brand new on ebay)

Guest stoner_boy

Cheers guys, i'm growin in soil at the moment just as a tester and i'm thinkin of gettin a NFT system. do u guys have any thoughts on it.

Hi & Welcome fella :)

The best advice that someone can give you is to do plenty of reading first to get an idea of what is needed. I grow in soil at the mo but intend to move on to hydro when im more convident about growing the good herb. Like farmweb said soil is more forgiving but it also takes a lot of work where as hydro if youve got the right kit meters etc its just a matter of testing your tank and adjusting when need be and changing water i think maybe someone who grows hydro will correct me if im wrong. As for taste i can,t comment as only smoked what ive grown Yeild hydro is best the say.

Anyway good luck with what ever you choose one more tip which i think is the golden rule of growing is get your enviroment right and youll have less probs :)

I use both ebb&flow and soil. No one is better than the other and in some ways hydro can be easer.

I have never had a neutient or ph problem with hydro but find that in soil I have to adjust ph often or it will go high and cause probs.

So I dont think there is a 'best' way, its a personal choice based on your onw requirements. For example, I am useing soil at the moment because of limited height in the growroom, the ebb and flow system is nearly two foot before you start.

Sorry if that doesnt help you to decide but fact is, soil\hydro they both work.

Hate to advertise, but NFT been highly praised : spam.gif/p/1538/Hobby_Kit_...t__NFT_250.html --> well priced, quality of service and product and will get you where you want (the nues might be a tince on the mank side, but you can always switch em cheap). As for hyudro/soil debate : soil is easy and ahrd to fuck up (pH problems depend on your water and if you invest in right nuts/soil). Hydro : quicker grow times, massive yield.

Detoxed

hi mate

welcome to the site :wassnnme:

hydro and soil are good, i grow hydro myself

started with aeroponics but like MYH says about the size of the units, mine was around 2 feet tall

i now grow passive hydro in pots which works well for me ;)

all the best & welcome to the site ;)

jgs