My 1st go with Coco

StonedBrittania

Hi everyone.

I've had a clone of my Red Hair sitting on my kitchen windowsill for about 2 months, during this time its seems to have done pretty well.

I potted it in a 5 litre pot with Canna Coco, I have also been feeding it a half strength solution of the canna nutes every 3-4 days.

Due to me moving house i'm gonna shift it to a friends and put it straight into 12/12 as its 18" tall now,

what I was wondering is what, if any extra nutes should I give it? Your sposed to use the same Canna Nutes all the way through veg and 12/12 as far as I know, but is there any other products that may help it along?

Will my Ionic Boost be any good with coco? would superbud work?

So no Coco grower that can help me?

Will the Canna Coco A&B nutes be enough? should I buy something to help it along?

Superbud maybe?

hi sb,

you can use some thing like Bio-nova X-ceL(stimulator) and Bio-nova -ZYM(improver)...

canna do their own versions,of these...

some people also use p13/14,aswell(stimulator)

bio-nova's pk 13/14 is used all the way through,where as canna's is used at the end.....

to me a little all the way through seems more natural,

than introducing all of a sudden, near the end....

have a look here for info on bio-nova's info prouct page here

sr

Edited by sittingrelaxing

Hey SB

Never saw this thread.

I've just started using coco so i can't offer any real advice.

As its inert, i don’t see that changing nutes will cause any probs as long as you give the pots a decent flush.

I've been using ionic, then ran out and am now using maxicrop while i wait for the proper nutes I’m after.

The main deficiency I’m seeing is Nitrogen, which is only in a couple of really hungry plants. I'm also seeing Mg def on quite a few of them.

As for superbud, there are a few threads on it round here. I've never used it, but i do know that it stops stretch almost instantly and you can use it in soil, so I see no reason not to use it in coco if you want.

The ionic boost is similar to pk13/14 and only needs to get used near the end of flowering.

I think SR and Jammin use coco as well.

Wilbur

Edit - SR beat me to it ;)

Edited by Wilbur Nutsack

Cheers guy's, good advice as always.

Just looking for an excuse to buy some superbud, the 250ml bottle from Tayside seems like a good idea (apart from the £10 shipping ;) ). Will also feed it ionic boost throughout flowering.

Really impressed with this coco stuff, my clone has only been on the windowsill and its really thrived considering its only been getting quater strenght nute solution, about 1ft tall, green and healthy, even took another 2 more clones off it. In the process of moving at the mo so plant will be moved to a friends and put straight into 12/12 so just wanna give it as good a chance as possible.

B)

Yeah, i was amazed at the speed that cuttings rooted in the stuff.

Hoooray for coco!

Wilbur