help with monster growers

vision weaver

B) hi fellow growers i have 18 plants in my greenhouse which are now touching the roof there are no signs of buds

they just keep on growing they are about 10/11 weeks old now when will i know when they start to bud or should i be putting them into 12/12 dark room now to force preflowering ???

many thanks and all posts are gratefully accepted sorry no pics no camera ?? lol

Well if they are touchin the roof of your greenhouse how on earht are you going to 12/12 ? I mean that's a lot of space/work to cover.

Detoxed

hey vw,

you culd chuck a tarp [thats tarpaulin] over the greenhouse at 8pm and take it off at 8am. thats generally recomended for greenhouse force flowering, altho i don;t know for sure that iut will force flowering because it depends on thickness of the tarp etc. however, it will slow growth. if u get a reddish/orange tarp its better than a blue one [cos of the light] but don;t know where you'll find an orange tarp...

The German

german, forcing 12/12 will induce a preflowering mental stretch period.....not slow growth at all....

vision weaver, get them tied down now, what is the strain...this is important to know....

Tie them down bit by bit, attach a tough bit of rope about 3/4 way up the main stem, just bend it and peg it a little bit every day, don't try bending it over to the ground all in one go, you'll risk damaging the stem.....

You could cover up with a tarp, but make sure you get the time as close to 12/12 as possible....depending on the strain she may well start preflowering soonish anyway...strains like Durban start flowering in late July....others don't start till much later...

If they are late starters, forcing 12/12 with a tarp is gonna be your best option....just keep bending and pegging....

Tell us the strain too

Mono....x

german, forcing 12/12 will induce a preflowering mental stretch period.....not slow growth at all....

doh...wish i'd known this last week just put one of my girls into a wardrobe and was expecting growth to stop (vertically) and her to bush out.

well she is putting on weight in the right areas, but has spurted up also, how long is this likely to last?

think i may have to tie her down a bit, will this have a detrimental effect on the final main cola?

7 weeks to go + drying +curing

:smug:

i'll si thee

mashed

No No, tying down won't harm the main cola one bit....

The stretch usually starts about 7-10 days after starting 12/12 and finishes about 18-24 days.....Very dependent on strain, some strains finish stretching after acouple of weeks, some never stop completely......

Mono....x