• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• malawi monster

• budahbwoy

• waylander

• BushDoctoR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:unsure: Hi dude..........I purchased a 70w HPS today from B&Q for £45 after chatting to some peeps on this great site.........Who am i to doubt the knowledge of these guys..........put the light in place and all seems well...........i am wondering about temps though.............what is the ideal temp to maintain?

:unsure: Hi dude..........I purchased a 70w HPS today from B&Q for £45 after chatting to some peeps on this great site.........Who am i to doubt the knowledge of these guys..........put the light in place and all seems well...........i am wondering about temps though.............what is the ideal temp to maintain?

oops... i read it 3 times and still forgot to answer it! lol

ideal temp is about 25c, im not sure how important it is, mine was at 35c today.

you should take the ballast out of the lighting case and put it out of the way, they get well hot- i put my hand on mine the other day.... i wont be doing that again!! :ouch:

mine was simple to do, i just unscrewed a metal plate that the bits were sat on and cut the two wires going to the bulb fitting, then connected the wires i just cut with a wire long enough to go out the back of my wardrobe and up on top, i just left it uncovered so it stays cooler.

if you have a fan blowing on the light you can get plants closer

edit:

will i need a extractor for ventilation or is keeping the door to the chamber open and running a fan sufficient.........????

(from other post)

youll need the door shut when you flower your plants so they dont get any light, so an extractor fan would be best, i dont know what size you need, it would be best to ask in the "growroom planner" remember to put down the size of your space.

one more thing... be carefull :!:

hope this helps, :smoke:

>>MARLZTAH<<

:laser:

Edited by marlztah

top o tha morning to ya MM,

glad to hear you got yourself up and running, like i said, check past forums, and if you still got any Q's feel free to ask!!

the BnQ light you got is an all in one unit so the ballast is in with the bulb.....having the ballast so close will up ya temps so its worth removing it as marlztah has.

i believe optimum temp is 25C as M has said, though it may fluctuate a little, keep it within 24C - 29C ideally.

a Q was asked somewhere if a contactor relay is needed for a 70w light, and i reckon it is, if its a HPS...still needs a surge to switch on the lamp, although not as large as a 250w i must say. And if you build it now, its one less worry when/if you upgrade your kit to say a 400 HPS....less than £10 well spent methinks.

all the best on ya grow....bro.

laters

BB

lol

:wassnnme: Cheers guys ....great help...........not sure wot is meant by be careful :unsure: .............could you explain..........you got me worried now :laser:

:wassnnme:

dont worry ya self too much, :unsure: just make sure the wires are connected propally and that. i wrapped the bare copper in sellotape for now, but im gonna get a couple of those wire connector bits.

does anyone know where to get electrical bits & bobs?

:unsure: Cheers guys ....great help...........not sure wot is meant by be careful :laser: .............could you explain..........you got me worried now lol

never tell anyone your growing....be careful! lol

M - http://www.maplin.co.uk/ online sell leccy components, stuff like terminal blocks etc can also be bought from wilko's, or a DIY shop in ya local market?

laters

BB

:wassnnme:

Hey,

I have heard somebody else who bought the same light with the same complaint.

If the problem continues return it to the shop. Otherwise enjoy a £22 HPS lamp.

Laters.

- BD :nazi: