The Bio Bizz range

detoxed

I know bio bizz is some excelletn stuff, though some confusion ahs come along. Firstly, some people use bloom for vegging and other grow for flowering how come ?

Second, I got some serious case of not dark enough leaves and what seems to be a genenral nut defifency (sorta abandonned it now tryingto get it back on track but already the 2 lower fans leave sets hav yellowed and dried dead). I was looking at Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic and Fish mix. What's the difference a part form smell that makes em umm different ?

Lastly, in case I got my knowledge wrong, Grow is used for vegigng and bloom for flowering right ??

Regards -- Detoxed

lol

There's no hard and fast rules, because of the variables like which soil/compost, how big the plants, what strain and so on and so forth.

I use the Grow for vegging, and a 50/50 mix of Grow and Bloom for flowering with a top up of Epsom Salts at week4/5.

But I grow big plants in big buckets. If I was SOG-ing it, I guess my nute use would be very different.

Alg-a-mic has a dubious rep. Mine is therefore unopened!

If you are trying to refersh an old plant, try re-potting it as well as a mild feed.

Hope this helps. B)

You know I was thinking of repotting, but wasn't sure. Could be roots not getting enough space but haven't got any previosu signs of plant proppin upwards. Thanx AL.

Detoxed

wouldnt large pots increase the risk of root rot seeing as it would take longer for the soil to dry out?

That's if you are careless with watering and eventually you will have to do this ... If not the roots will not be able to suck up enough nutrients (imagine one arm person trying to carry an elephant).

Detoxed

detoxed any plant needs adequate rootmass to support its canopy, a final pot size is chosen so there is enough space to support enough roots for the plant to finish its life span in good health.

When growing any plants in pots they need moving on in stages, as soon as they root out the compost in the pot they are in, they should be moved on to a larger pot until you get to the final pot size you are going to flower in. If at any stage the plants are allowed to get root bound, called checking them, they will never recover fully. The biggest mistake that beginners make is to keep plants to long in small pots or to plant small plants in big pots, they never root out properly through the compost. So increasing stages is the way, it does not cause root rot.

Example pics here.

Example of how fast plants grow when potted on at the right time here.

If you can stand the smell the Viz mix is a good high N balance fert that will stimulate growth and dark green leaves.

Finally got the search to to work, read this thread. I know its long but it goes a long way to explaining, roots in pots compost etc, maybe I should extract some of it and rewrite it into a faq. Link!

Yep well cheers ot1, I transplanted itno bigger pot just b4 you posted. Was with a test plant. Probably root bound but with any luck might recover I hope :wassnnme: .

Detoxed