I've asked him upstairs..................

Reverend Green

Let us be seated.

I have asked the 'boss' upstairs, whether it is viable to grow male and female plants together - the only answer i received was ...................................'I created all life to be equal' - yeah cheers for your insite :yinyang:

So, to the people I come.................................I am growing both sexes at present (2nd week in to 12/12) (120 plants) with the view to gain a couple of hundred seeds :unsure: My question is this......................although I am aware that mixed growing will damage the 'female' potential, will the yield from the female plants still be 'smoke-able' or not???

Ahmen

:yinyang: short answer is yes :unsure:

they wont be as potent as they could be as they are putting thier energy into seed production rather than resin production, but it should be ok.

sadly i know from experience, both my stargazers hermied on me and i keep finding seed in me bud, having said that i am keeping any good looking seeds thought i might give em a try and see what we get ;)

hope this helps rev.

take care

hemlok

• 1 month later...

I would think twice about letting any males into your main flowering room. Especially with 120 plants.

Chances are that if your males mature and drop their pollen then your going to end up with your entire crop seeded. Great if your selling it on (more weight) and don’t care, but potency wise it’ll be lower than unseeded flowers.

No chance of removing the males into a separate room ?

If your after seeds you can always remove a quantity of pollen from a male and (using a small paint brush) pollinate your selected females. Or sections of females. This way you have a choice in where the pollen goes and a rough idea of how many seeds to expect. Not to mention alot more unseeded bud.

Hope this helps lol

So, to the people I come.................................I am growing both sexes at present (2nd week in to 12/12) (120 plants) with the view to gain a couple of hundred seeds

lol

You will get a few more than a couple of hundred seeds mate if you leave them all in together like that....your buds will be near enough unsmokeable, think of the pits worst seeded brickweed ytou ever smoked, and even the peeps who grew that probly made a token effort at removing some males.....You will have THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of mongrel seeds

GET ALL THE BLOKES OUT.......soon a the nads start to drop, but before they open and spill....

Keep the plants (just a couple of males will give you plenty of pollen for your needs, and choose the healthiest most vigourous ones for this purpose) in a sunny place, don't need to worry about 12/12 or not as long as the nads are dangling they'll carry on......

Tap the opening sacs when they start openeing and collect the pollen in a little baggie.....

REmove a couple of the healthies females, and as Kafka says, just use a cotton bud to pollinate a few of the lower buds, not the tiny bottom ones, but there's no point covering your main cola with seeds.....

Again, don't just let them all cross pollinate, select your fathers and your mothers....

Good Luck too,,,,

Mono....x