Greenhouse ventilation Q?

Dangerous Beans

hi,

My greenhouse currently has no form of ventilation, every day I go and open the door to let some air in but on cold days and at night I can't do this.

Everything seems to be going ok at the moment but when my plants start budding, will this be enough? It only has 4 plants in it + bush tomatos, grapevine etc....

Thanks for any advice :smoke:

Hey buster,

I guess it depends on what strains you are growing.

If they are mold resistant strains and like moisture (i.e. DP or KC33) then they should be ok, if not then you may need to keep them well ventilated, especially when they start producing dense nugs. I've had mold on nugs before and it's not a lot fun :rolleyes:

Hope that helps,

I just took a look at your pics..>

It looks like your plants are pretty big, they probably won't start flowering for a couple of weeks yet (~2 weeks after solstice), so remember they are gonna get a LOT bigger! :rolleyes:

You may need to tie them down when they get big or top them early. Anway just thought i should warn you, I had a friend who's had to cut his plant in half as it was pushing up to hard on the glass!

Your plants look very healthy,

nice one,

It looks like your plants are pretty big, they probably won't start flowering for a couple of weeks yet (~2 weeks after solstice), so remember they are gonna get a LOT bigger! 

Exellent!! Big plants = more weed I assume.

You may need to tie them down when they get big or top them early. Anway just thought i should warn you, I had a friend who's had to cut his plant in half as it was pushing up to hard on the glass!

Should I start tying them down now or wait until they start touching the glass? Will the stalks still be flexible at that point?

If they are mold resistant strains and like moisture (i.e. DP or KC33) then they should be ok, if not then you may need to keep them well ventilated, especially when they start producing dense nugs. I've had mold on nugs before and it's not a lot fun

hmm, I aint gonna risk it, I will put a vent in the roof.

Thanks for the advice :yep:

Don't wait till they toch the glass...by that time the stems may be way too inflexible.. like i said my mate had to saw the top off his!!! I would tie em soon

And yes, bigger plants will prob = more weed

:unsure:

Have fun

:yinyang: 320

• 1 month later...

If you got the money, add a fan. And if you get extra money, Add a heating system and a fan. hope this helps. you can find heating systems on the internet, do a search on "greenhouse heating systems".