Black Fly

rocky

Iv noticed the odd black fly sitting on my plant when i take it in for the evening. u guys know of anything i can get rid of em with that wont make my plant smoke nasty when it buds? what do black fly eggs look like? what will the bastards do to my weed?

its 6 weeks old at the moment.

ty

rocky

Use sticky fly paper to begin with, to try to avoid use chemicals on your plant. If the problem gets worse and the swarms start to appear then you may need to use more drastic measures. The odd fly or two I don't see as a problem - it's when they try to colonise the pots I get a bit :mellow:

DL

They are proberly Scarid fly, they lay larvae in the soil and the little buggers eat your plants roots :ouch:

However, they don't usually cause too much damage to the overall growth of your plant :mellow:

If they are a real pest your can control them organically with predators! There are several companies on the net that sell tubes of mites that you can sprinpkle on the soil and they eat the Scarid fly larvae...and are v.effective.

Just do a search for Scarid fly biological control.

Hope that helps,