Nutrients or no nutrients

x F1VE by 5 x

Do you have to use nutrients or can you just grow it without them? haha dumb question but I just want to know cuz im low on budget...im borrowing so much money from people just to start! i borrowed 100 from this guy and now he is going to own half of my stock! :smoke:

if you dont use any nutes, you will have many deficiencies that will either kill your plant or SEVERELY affect the yield. the soil's nutrients are used up by the plants rather quickly

ok , i'm going to get it in the neck for saying this but Nutriculture powdered nutes are easy to use and providing you follow the instructions give good results,i used them for years .you only buy a&b powder and you can alter the ratios of of the np&k for flowering by upping the b .....this is for hydro of course.£8 or thereabouts spent on these nutes would give me 3 or 4 crops with a 604 gro tank.

in soil chempak are the cheapest nutes ,20:20:20 comes in a light blue box for about £3, and for flowering i used their cactus and succulent feed in a little red tub,try your local garden center for these

...alright, no i dont use them now but you wanted cheap

c f

Edited by cheese farmer

when you say 20:20:20 that is the ratio for the npk right? how do I read the npk and how do I know if one is too high/low (I plan on growing it in dirt..)

-F1ve

hi all

ok , i'm going to get it in the neck

u said it :)

:stoned:

i dunno about the dirt stuff, but i don't think u have to measure the nute levels in dirt growing,

don't ask me how it's done but i think u feed em every other water with an organic fert like seaweed extract

and something like fish poo :smoke:

sorry i'm a hydro grower, but i definately know u need nutes, i think the soil contains enough nutes until u start flowering, then u have to add extra to compensate for the xtra growth that will start occurring when you get ur juicy buds

some dirt house elf(dobby) :) will come along soon to see u right

all the best jgs :)

damn...i feel like such a n00b bumming all these questions like a dumbass :stoned:

thanks guys!...when/if my plants grow you guys will be the first to see them! =)

-F1ve

Y'all making a meal out of this.

I never worry about the cost of nutrients, grow medium and a few other basic things ...because I get it all back X10 anyway.

I do shop around though :stoned:

I have never used Nutriculture powdered nutes but they are cheep.

And the cheese farmer has used them with sucess!

If, I was looking for cheep nutes I'd give em a go at that price.

There is no coreect dosage. There are too many variables(pot size, soil, etc.) and to some extent you have to experiment for yourself and find the best for your setup.

Start with the directions on the packet and see how it goes.

what should the NPK ratio be for a germinating seed? the soil I bought says the NPK is 0.0 - 0.1 - 0.0 and it's seed starting soil so im wondering if a beginning plant that is beginning to sprout of just sprouted it's first tip will be healthy in that soil?

and umm.....you know after you harvest and the plant dies...do you have you wait for it to die or can you pull it out? and can you keep the left over soil for your next grow?

-F1ve

sounds like youve done the right thing 5x,potting compost/seed starting soil(?) is your best bet .

probably, if your growing indoors with a big pot size a good product like levingtons multi purpose compost will see u thru to flowering with no feeding.my outdoors are getting 7:7:7 atm but they are in poor soil and i want them big.dont worry about ph/cf/ec until u decide to go hydro (if u do)

good luck

c f

(dont re use your soil , its false economy)

does a pH meter read the NPK of the soil?

nope,

The lower the reading, the more acidic the solution. pH probes to measure soil levels are at best approximate.

( :smoke: mode : pH was defined as the negative log (base 10) molar hydrogen ion concentration of a solution, and whilst thats not strictly correct - the activity of a single species of ion is not measurable - its still a convenient approximation. A reading of 1 = a 1M solution, 2 = 0.1M, etc.. Neutral pH is 7, or a 0.00001M hydrogen ion concentration).

I'll go and get me anorak now ....