maggots inside the leaf!?

the german

hey all,

i was looking at my plants today, and notice some fucted up leaves, they were all dried up, and had sort of black spots on them. i cut them off, and put them up to the light, and saw something that looked a bit like a maggot inside the leaf. has anyone experienced this, and how do i prevent this re-occuring?

The German

I'v had this on me dodge plant. Wasn't soil partical but wasn't amggot (didn't use magnifying glass but my eyes are good. So far nothing has gone wrong i sorta yanked it off and like leafs are fine. Mid you you should better specify wether tis a black spot on the leaf or sumit black on the leaf.

Detoxed

no bruv, no...

this is not ON the leaf. its IN the leaf. like its chewed its way into the leaf, and dries it out, leaving a black powder on the surface...

The German

They are leaf miners, its very unusual to find them on indoor plants but common on outdoor plants. They are not usually much of a problem only damaging the odd leaf or two and has little effect on the overall health of the plant or its eventual yield.

Very hard to control or kill with pesticides unless you use systemics. If the plant is small with few leaves you can squash the the maggot or stick a pin through it inside the leaf as soon as you see the white track appear.

If you are outdoors you can not avoid them.

cheers oldtimer 1,just surfin, more info relevant to me, ie i know know[is that right]what these miners look like and being a g/h grower its more knowledge to call upon regards twinkle :smoke: