whats going on?

alman

i planted my seeds on tues and still nothing has happened, i have put them in the airing cuboard and still nothing, is this normal

:( alman

make sure the soil remains damp and fairly warm and a few should germinate, depending on quality. how many did you plant? i am told it can take upto two weeks for germination, this is why i prefer germinating on damp kitchen roll before planting. give it time though, ya have to be patient. sometimes seeds are duff, like the batch i had were given to me, and they must have been stored badly because i had about 5 germinate out of about 50, and the two that have actually sprouted seem to be struggling. :(

once your seedlings start to leaf though, thats when the worry stops and you can have a good time caring for your plant

hey alman,

seeds are dodgy little things...

i ordered some citral/skunk red hair and some orange bud seeds from kulu earlier in the year and tried to germinate them, but none came out :( Then i decided to try and re-germinate them later in the year [about 2 weeks ago] and 2 orange buds came out :) Then i put them in rockwool, and they died :(

I think they might have died because they dried out, who knows... the germination rate depends on how old they are and where they came from. all i can say is that i've ordered 20 seeds from dutch passion and about 15 have come out after about 36/48 hours, which isn't too bad. i think u'll usually find that seeds from seedbanks are more reliable. altho if they're kept properly they'll keep for ages. i had some hempstar seeds in my draw [the woden kind you keep stuff in, not the nice one] for nearly a year and they germed fine after all that time.

I also swear by the paper towel technique, it generally works best, and i like to let the root grow to about 7mm-1cm before planting.

So basically, you can never really be sure of anything. except that you can't be sure of anything. ;)

The German :ouch:

Edited by the german