lighting problem advise needed

vision weaver

B) hi guys i bought a 600 watt growlight kit about aweek ago brand new when i came to set it up

the lamp was not working so rang the supplier who kindly sent me a replacement to which i was greatful

i tested the lamp when i recieved it it was ok and came on it was on for about a minute today when i went to set the grow room up the bloody thing did not work

and when i came to take the plug out i got a tingle from the plug and the plug touched the plastic casing and made the socket crackle i was wondering if anybody else has had this problem

i have checked the socket on the wall it is earthed and all wires ok its only when i plug the ballast in that it start to crackle again what ever the problem its blowing the lamps

any ideas guys and gals :furious:

Sorry if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs here, but have you tried the lamp again since? If you switch a HPS or MH lamp on for a minute or two, or more - long enough for it to warm up - then switch it off, you won't be able to make it restart until it has cooled down again. This normally takes a few minutes, depending on how hot the lamp was.