How Long will it take?

Purealoe

:) HI Everyone I am a newbie so please forgive me if you have heard these questions a thousand times but i have to start somewhere.

I am a Med user or was until 3 weeks ago when our suppliers got dusted. I planted a few seeds about 6 weeks ago i have two plants about 40 and 30 cms tall. I have no idea if they are male or female. When should I put them in the dark to bring the flower stage on? I am desparate for stuff and watching these things grow SLOWLY is most frustrating :smoke: I am sure you know what I mean!

Secondly are there and med suppliers in the northeast that may be able to help while my plants mature. My guys were so great they posted to my and always organic and very reliable they even ground it up so I could take it in my hot chocolate yum.(memories ................)

Is it true that if both my plant are male that they might as well be thrown away? or can they be used?

I am going out to buy a flouecent light and I think I will put my girls (hopefully ) the the cupboard for there 12 on 12off cycle how long do I need to do the 12on and 12 off timing?

thanks for a great infromation site and hope to here from you all soon

regds

Purealoe

How long till you can flower?

Wait till the plant is sexually mature at the minimum. This could be another month or so. Check the pic for an idea of when the plants are ready to go.

If the plants are male then they aren't good for much, esp. medi use I would have thought. You can either throw them out or if only one of them is male, pollinate the female and get a stash of seeds. If you get two female look into taking cuttings and shortening the time before harvest.

Of course if you leave the plants another few months they will be monstrous and give a whopping yield, but you have to wait.....:smoke:

When the plants go to 12/12 they will need about 40-60 days to peak in flowering. It depends on the strain of the plant and the environment. Look for the little white hairs turning orange. The ratio of orange (ripe) pistils to white pistils is a guage of the ripeness of the plant.

At 50% orange you will get a more uplifting high that harvesting at 75-100% orange. Experiment to see what is best for you. pluck buds at various stages of the harvest and make a note.,

If you are flowering under flouros then try to get as much Wattage as possible. Ideally an HPS lamp should be used 150W or 250W for a couple of plants, otherwise the buds will be lighter and less dense. Bigger plants require the penetration power :) of the HPS/MH lamp or the lower branches miss out reducing the potential of the harvest.

DL

post-59-1054200343_thumb.jpg