at what stage do you take clones

vision weaver

B) hi peeps my little babies are coming on ok but i am wondering when do you take clones from the plant at what age?height ? when please do i take these clones :headpain:

Mate - click on the cultivation FAQ above, it should have your answer.

If not, come back with a more specific question and the experts will be along to sort you out shortly :smoke:

Cloning is wierd. You can gets lots of failures and then your results improve without you seeming to do anything different.

Take lots more than you need and try a few different methods at the same time, peat pellets, perlite, plain water etc. Use a humidity dome and remember hygiene and temperature is vital (72'F)

I follow the cloning advice of a grower called krusty. Cuttings are taken in the first hour of lights on the last day of veg from the top of the plant. The donor plant has already been flushed for 2 days. DO NOT clone from side branches, 'cos that's what they will grow like.

Once rooted they go into growroom #2 and when it's time for 12/12 cuttings are taken for growroom #1, so no mother plant and a harvest every 7 weeks or so.

If they've 5+ nodes you could try a few now, as it can take a while to get your eye in.

hi,

sorry strider, the cuttings can be taken from any part of the plant

it matters not, i have found that the top cuttings are nice, but need a

little more care as their stems are more tubelike, an airbubble can cause

restriction in water uptake, the lower branches tend to be more woody and

firm, and possibly more easy to clone, a good step by step guide was posted

by Oldpink a while back, worth a gander :smoke:

ufo

We'll agree to differ on that one then eh? :(

It's something to do with growth hormones, auxins I think. I learned to do this stuff by reading various sites with a paranoid g/f standing over my shoulder making sure I didn't post on a pot site. There is so much contradictary advice because it all works, sort of. So I followed the old hand commercial growers only. I can't remember one that will clone from a side bud, and their grows are beautiful, hundreds of healthy plants, all so identical it looks fake.

Side buds will work, and maybe clone easier, I don't know, but the top of the plant IS the plant. (Once it's got roots that is.)

Once the stash box is full again, I'll maybe try a comparison grow. Should be interesting.

Edited by strider

B) yo thanks guys for the info

any body any idea when to take these clones :(

also how do i find this step by step thread many thanks

Hi,

strider m8, the genetics of the plant are the same for all the plant, their entire

genetic makeup is contained in every cell, the blueprint for the entire plant.

taking cutting from plants in flower adds lots more probs,(if thats what you really ment to say m8) the only reason i would do this (and i have) is when you have no other option, ie no seeds or mother plant, or weed/cash and lots of time :yinyang:

vw, how old are your plants, do you know the sex (have the pre flowers shown yet) generally any plant over 8 weeks old should be ok or if its pre flowers are showing , remember that a clone is as old as the mother plant, irrespective of size :!:

hope this helps

ps, look in the cultivation FAQ, under propagation

Edited by UFO