Is my compost crap...?

grower23

My plants are two weeks old tomorrow (from planting) and some have got yellowing leaves (pic posted - some of them are worse but the pics I got of them were rubbish).

I'm using J. Arthur Bower's New Horizon Multi-purpose Compost

'Organic, and peat free, made from recycled,renewable resources.'

Does anyone have experience of this stuff? Should I be experiencing nurient deficiency with it already? Like I said they're only 2 weeks old.

It could be a problem with PH, because the bag says:

"For lime hating plants (azaleas, rhododendrons or heathers) you should consider a peat based compost with a lower pH, such as J Arthur Bower's Ericaceous Compost."

Or it could be over wartering cos i think I have been giving them a bit too much.

It doesn't tell you what pH it is or what nutrients it contains on the bag. Anyone have an idea? I don't want them to die...

g23

post-17-1053681511_thumb.jpg

I think most commercial soil is around a ph of 7 ( someone correct me if im wrong )

you did not mention drainge in your soil so this could point to over watering

also, i know peat has helped me A LOT with water drainage. I would add some peat to the soil if you can