How much direct sunlight needed

Disco Paul

Hello fellow tokers,

I have a big garden but space inside the house is a big tight.

The garden is overlooked by the neighbours, who are sound, but who both have kids.

There is a section at the very bottom of the garden that cannot really be seen unless you come into my garden. The whole garden is south facing, but there is a massive lime tree near the bottom which restricts direct sunlight to about 5 hours a day. On the other hand the whole area is quite sheltered so on cold nights they shouldnt suffer.

Will plants thrive in the shade for a large portion of the day? I am not a massive toker and yield is not so crutial, but obviously I don't want to take the risk if I am not going to get much out of it.

Plan B is to veg a couple of plants in the greenhouse and take them one by one to the flowering room, powered by a 600W HPS, in the shed.

I am quite into 'ordinary' gardening and most things grow like buggery in my garden so I am hoping that the partial shade will still allow me to grow a decent crop.

Yeah fine....four hours DIRECT sunlight is a good working minimum......

Shouldn't have any problems, keep yer fingers crossed for a warm and sunny autumn....

Mono.....x

Higha cookaloid

Have you thought of growing them in pots and keeping them small by means of inducing early 12/12 through using your shed? That way you can have them budding up all summer, they are less visible, and you can even maximise the sun hours by moving them about and chasing the sun!

That's my plan each year. I have a very rural setting, but in late summer the harvestors come right up to the garden beds! So monstas I cannot grow. But the beds are all full of neatly hidden little ganja plants!

I normally start mine in May, so best get some clones going I reckon!

:wassnnme: