Wiring The Xpelair Wac1 Fan Speed Controller (transformer Based)?

h4z3

Just got my Wac-1 and wired it up to my 4" RVK an I am experiencing the same problem as you h4z3.

5 = Full Speed

4 = Just under full speed

3 = Less than half speed and 2 and 1 are virtually useless.

Wish I would of waited 1 day until I found out about fantronix :geek::yahoo:

Edited by Lonely Stoner

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• h4z3

• scraglor

• Cannabis Kid

• Uk_canadian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you could link two of the output taps together, essentially reducing the transformer to a 4 step, although i don't advise it as i haven't done it myself, so cannot predict the outcome, or just an inline resistor if you're only trying to shave off a small amount of voltage, all a bit of a pain in the arse though, and i wouldn't like to instruct you how without having one in front of me having done it myself, are you sure setting three is way too low? how are you judging what kind of airflow you need? do you have passive intakes? if so you could increasethe intake area to give a freer flow if the intake area is quite small, can't be much more help really

Did anyone ever try this ?

On a more brighter note, setting 4 seems to be good. Will probably only need it on 3 anyhow. No loud whooshing and no buzz. Just sounds like an old PC to me

• 8 years later...

Awe man...  I thought I'd prepared myself enough.   I've read dozens of posts...

Wiring up a WAC1 to a 230 V Turbo tube 150mm I picked up from fleabay for cheap (I'll never learn).

I have tried three different plug cables.  No go.   I tried wiring it up to the WAC1, again nothing (WAC1 light comes on).   I've tried connecting to L, LT and L1 with N plugged in.  Nothing.   Fan isn't doing anything. 

Is it dead, or more likely am I an idiot?

20190812-163146.jpg

20190812-161904.jpg

Edited by Uk_canadian
Images didn't show

Solved.   

This fan, Turbo Tube 150T has a built in 2 - 30 min timer.  It won't work without wiring the timer.  So a small wire from L to LT + L and N from the WAC1.  

Job's a goodn...

• 1 month later...

Was going to go with a 5" rvk and dial down with a wac1 but after reading this it doesn't sound like it will work with the 125mm A1
:( back to the drawing board, any good alternatives? Been looking at the Pro Air Acoustic EC Fan for £80  ec_fan_3_large.png

• Pro Air Acoustic 5" Powerful and Quiet Running EC Fan and Controller
  • Specifications: 
  • Size - 5" / 125mm 
  • Rated Voltage - 110-240V AC
  • Operating Voltage - 100-264V AC
  • Max Power Consumption - 20W
  • Max Operating Current - 0.20A
  • Frequency - 50/60 Hz
  • Max Speed - 5,000 rpm
  • Max Airflow - 277 m3/h
  • Max Static Pressure - 22mm H20 / 215Pa
  • Noise Range - 55dBA Max