Help need grow room fast

Jibber Jabber

I planted some seeds out of a 10 bag i got week last saturday. I germinated them in a marg tub and kitchen towel. atarted to panic brought some cheep B&Q multipurpose compost and some peat pots cheepest thing i could find, (i was skint at the time) put them in the airing cupboard with a flourescent bulb 'bout 5 inches from pots. two have shown there heads, one of them is nearly 3 inches tall now.

Need some advice as to what to do next. I was thinking of going down to growell on saturday to get one of there 250W NTF starter kits for £150. is this the best way to go as they are already in soil.

Any help would be appreciated. Im not yet very green fingered yet (last thing i tried to grow was a sunflower when i was 8 and a sheep ate it then it was about 2 inch tall)

Thanx again

Jibber Jabber

The root system may cause you some problems when transplanting them to rockwool blocks. The small NFT kit will do two mature plants no problem. I would suggest  that you should look at Growells Hydro Pots systems 2 to 6 pots which would give you the greenmix etc. ZigZag is doing A1 on his first grow with this system.  This would be a better buy me thinks. You will need to be getting some more light on your plants as soon as. Let us know what you think.

Hi JJ,

I too grew a sunflower when I was 10 - and came last in the family competition with the smallest offering - so no worries - it's probably a good sign.

I've got a pot system - with 24 pots - as it's expanded a bit lately.

If you get the 6 pot system - you can upgrade to 9 for a small amount (the HPS 400w easily covers nine pots in its footprint). It's the most cost-effective route for getting the most yield - but the NFT can look after itself - whereas the pots need watering.

This however can be upgraded later on - Mine are now automated so I can go away for 2-3 weeks and they'll be fine. I use a drip then a wick system which is cheap and reliable as they both have few working parts.

But I'd worry about that later - the growell kits make life very easy - I can recommend them. Also you get a contactor with the pots - but not with the NFT - you'll need it to avoid frying the timers. They're £35 separate - or you can build one from components if you've got the time.

tata!

:oldtoker:

Oh yeah,

Just put the peat pots in the goldenwool mixture - they'll break down over time and mix in with the rockwool, gravel and clay - No harm done!

:cool:

Thanks 4 the advice all

Think i will go with the hydro pot system Will have to go for 4 though, cant afford the 6 need to keep some money back to buy some buds to tied me over.

On a lighter note the two little un's have become three little un's  :)  only by chance noticed it. it was just poking its head up along the side to the pot but it seemed to be stuck so i cleared it a path and we will see how it goes.

heres the little blighter

littleone.jpg

the next three days are going to be mayhem, ive got to drive to solihull to pickup my system, clear the spair room, build my growroom (not quite sure how yet, ive got a mate whos a cabinet maker he's helping me on sat he just doesnt know it yet :) ) build my hydro and sort the little un's.

Does that sound like a bit to much to fit into a weekend.

Oh yeah ive got to go and score :oldtoker:. not had a smoke since monday & get paid today.