beware the lights!!!

Guest smokeymacpot

Guest smokeymacpot

hey

i was just putting some sand around my plants tops and burnt myself on my light OUCH!!! my ligths are only about 3 inches away form my plants since thie just 4 days old now and does anyone think putting white white sand on the surface will keep my plant cooler and the roots cooler too that black dirt just absorbs my light and the surface gets very hot at time . ..???

thanks SMOKEY

Hello,

Agricultural sand is a good mulch (top dressing) for MJ if you are trying to rid yourself of the menance of fungus gnats; they breed in the top layer of soil and grit is not to their liking. Not sure how something as neutral as sand will affect the plants negatively.

Tin foil as a mulch would be horrible, hot spots etc; you could use mylar or red reflective plastic as a mulch but it all seems overkill on such little plants. And the talk of lights at 3 inches scares me, especially when they are hot enough to burn you, which no fluoro in the world, they I have used, will. Please give more information on the light and mulching can come later; and as we are in organics, make sure they are organic lights.

U

hey

i was just putting some sand around my plants tops and burnt myself on my light OUCH!!! my ligths are only about 3 inches away form my plants since thie just 4 days old now and does anyone think putting white white sand on the surface will keep my plant cooler and the roots cooler too that black dirt just absorbs my light and the surface gets very hot at time . ..???

thanks SMOKEY

I allways use tin foil dull side up (as to stop hot spots) and it helps with keeping the medium damp.