phosphoric acid

solidsnake

on my bottle of ph down (phosphoric acid) it says to wait 2 hours after mixing before using is this required as i am very impatient and never get get my nutes made early and usually make them when the tank has dried up

i must get more organised

Yeah, you should really leave it, to give it a chance to evenly distribute itself through the nutrient solution.

I try (try being the operative word) to make mine up the night before I need them. Easier to do if you use a passive system (pots and perlite), like I have used for my last 2 crops.

But yeah, 2 hours sounds about right. Its worth doing, because fucking up your PH can do all sorts of nasty things to your plants - from locking out nutrients, forcing haemaphrodism to killing them stone dead if you get it really wrong.

Try and keep your nute temperature steady as well, while you are doing this (so add water to tank, let it get to the correct temp, THEN add your nutes and PH down, and then check it 2hrs later), because the temperature of the nutrients affects how much can be held in solution.