To Dry Or Not To Dry?

grobag

Cheers for all the info Grobag! Just dug up this thread..

I'm gonna be making some bubble this weekend, and i got my fresh trim in the frezer ready... :rofl:

However, I've also got about a quarter of semi dry air buds that i was going to dry-sift.

Was just wondering, would they be worth freezing now to chuck in with the bubble?

I'm in a bit of a quandry here..

mind you i've got some ISO too so not much is gonna get wasted... Except me! :wassnnme:

Any replies appreciated.. cheers all... Stonehenge

Cheers for the replies peeps. :applause: I've just noticed that this thread went down quite well.

I thought that seeing as I'm still being asked about it that I'd pin it at the top of the page. :yep:

• 2 months later...

made a bit of bubble last nite, fished out all the soggy wet trim and as you instruct im now gonna dry it out and have a go at BHO using your coffe pot method.

question is, hows best to dry it out? at the mo it is sitting in a big heap on a clean diwshcloth on the windowsill but its wringing wet and as its not sunny i reckon it will go mouldy before drying propperly?

is it ok to just leave on a teatowel for a few days turning occasionally or would it be better to spread it out on a tray and put in a oven on a really really low setting for a couple of hours?

cheers and thanks for such a informative thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

cheers for the thread grobag.

i have just made some hash using the ice method n fresh frozen bud as you described above...

its sticky as feck, n if i try to burn it, it bubbles like mad!! looks just like bubbling oil

post-8144-1217876942_thumb.jpg

bloody nightmare to roll one :smoke:

so i highly recommend the fresh frozen ice method.. :yahoo:

peace all.

wigster70

• 1 year later...
where's the best place to buy ISO alcohol..?

Maplins :(

I just figured out what ISO alcohol is.. Isopropyl alcohol.

I tried to buy some from a chemist many years ago and was immediately looked at and questioned like a wino tramp. I had to explain that i ran a recording studio and needed it because its the best stuff for cleaning tape heads.

Just a warning to anyone wanting to keep a low profile.. if you can get it from Maplin rather than a pharmacy then do!!

P.S.

Whats an oil wash? :rofl:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 2hi2try

I've got some totaly dry bud that I wish to bubble, is it best to bang it in dry or wet it and semi freeze, hmmm here is the problem, there's no way of wetting it and freezing and keep it 'loose'. Would it be and good idea to wet it and stick it in the fridge? Awaiting a responce as I'm ready to go. Thanks.

I've got some totaly dry bud that I wish to bubble, is it best to bang it in dry or wet it and semi freeze, hmmm here is the problem, there's no way of wetting it and freezing and keep it 'loose'. Would it be and good idea to wet it and stick it in the fridge? Awaiting a responce as I'm ready to go. Thanks.

dont you wanna do a dry shif...