William S. Burroughs: 10 Years After

big ghost

Guest Gert Lush

Not quite sure what you're on about re ignorance or for that matter arrogance, big ghost, but if it makes you happy...

I am glad "Bill" brought so much richness into your life. I am glad when anything brings richness into anyones life. There's so little of it about.

We are, as you say, pretty ugly ourselves at times. And catshit is quite smelly. Doesn't mean we have rub it in our faces to remind ourselves of the fact, but hey, whatever gets you through the night... I am actually an incredibly tolerant, live-and-let-live sort of person, even if you do get the opposite impression because my literary tastes are somewhat different to yours. (sorry 'bout that, I find them quite difficult to change).

Dull, Christian conformist? :spliff: You wish, boyo! That would make you feel so warm and fuzzy inside, woodnet? (At last, everything computes...)

Shall I explain? Nah, fuckit, got enough of an arrogant :eek: reputation amongst the Self-Righteous Brotherhood.

Ho-hum, time to light up the first one of the day... Bomshankar!

Edited by Gert Lush

theres a great audiobook of burroughs reading "naked lunch" out, awesome stuff

the guy never put himself up as a hero, never held back in his exposistion of himself, never glorified drug use, never had a good word to say about himself, morally.

im sitting here thinking how to describe what naked lunch did for me, i spose ill say ive never read a more intense, affecting book, id not recommend it, cause its nasty as all hell, id say it definitely should have a rating of "only read when ya old enough to cope with it".

"wild boys" is also a laugh

ah what a lovely guy, i could just give him a cuddle :notworthy: