Nostradamus

delta-green

i once had a book about nostradamus and his prophecies, most of which seemed like gibberish to me but one thing that stuck in my mind was his prophecies concerning the begining of this century. he is supposed to have said that a warlord will come from the east and bring destruction and death on a worldwide scale, named mabus he is the antichrist and this will be his third incarnation, possible previous incarnations being hitler and napoleon. could this be osama bin laden? another is that there will be a time of extreme and unusual weather, a bit like it is now i guess.

so what do you think, was nostradamus nothing more than a dr john dee wannabe or is there something to what he says.

His stuff is just so wild and open to interpretation though... it's because of that reason that I can't really take what he says seriously - it all only ever seems to add up in hindsight. I really don't think Osama Bin Laden is much of a problem given all the stuff that's happening these days too, so if he is the anti-christ then he's a bit crap at his job. As a human, statistically speaking Bush is probably the most dangerous man on the planet.

whats that 'baby' name thats applied to Bush, part from poopypants ...

Hes got a very famous Quatrain that talks about a confligration and is placed in the 20th Century about a war in which men with faces like pigs would fly in the sky. If you where having visions and saw with no experience of future technology a man in the face masks they fly in since the second world war, and particularly the ones in that war a better description than a man with the face of a pig would be hard to find.

Edited by Hir

thanks father, very interesting. especially the bits about russia starting ww3, maybe the the recent litvenenko poisoning affair?

bin laden may not be the one nostadamus speaks of, or he may be. if you think of his legacy, worldwide troubles between muslims and non muslims, america and elswhere clamping down on civil liberties in the supposed war against terror, racial hatred on the rise. makes you think.

thanks father, very interesting. especially the bits about russia starting ww3, maybe the the recent litvenenko poisoning affair?

Yeah, that's the part that interested me. I thought it was balls when I first read it but that was before the Litvenenko affair. Now that all this shit is happening,the quatrain doesn't seem too far from what may happen.

Yeah, that's the part that interested me. I thought it was balls when I first read it but that was before the Litvenenko affair. Now that all this shit is happening,the quatrain doesn't seem too far from what may happen.

its quite frightening if you think about it, not just the possible outcome of this russian business, but that if he was right how the hell did he know these things? i've always been a bit of a sceptic in these matters yet find them interesting non the less so im keeping as open a mind as possible, but how can anyone predict the future?

i'm still undecided on Nostradamus

"in the middle of the 16th century,a french country doctor sat in his study and conjured up visions in which the secrets of the future-

His and ours-

revealed to him in crystal clear clarity.He saw aerial warfare and nuclear destruction,scientific triumphs and natural disasters,

men on the moon and ships beneath the sea,and all these have come to pass.

However,many predictions have not yet been fulfilled-Yet

who is the third antichrist?

when and where will world war III break out?

how will the world end?

will there be a new golden age?

from a book

"Nostradamus...The secret revelations"

by Alan hall

i do take an interest it but take it all with a pich of salt

i just find some of it curiously interesting

its quite frightening if you think about it, not just the possible outcome of this russian business, but that if he was right how the hell did he know these things? i've always been a bit of a sceptic in these matters yet find them interesting non the less so im keeping as open a mind as possible, but how can anyone predict the future?

I saw a programme not long ago(though I've totally forgotten it) about him. Something about divination I think. And possibly just a bit gifted.

My rough idea is that predicting the future is a mix of ESP and estimations.

I saw a programme not long ago(though I've totally forgotten it) about him. Something about divination I think. And possibly just a bit gifted.

My rough idea is that predicting the future is a mix of ESP and estimations.

i thought he took some sort of powerfull drug or poison to bring the visions on, dunno what it could've been though, possibly cyanide or arsenic if they had those back then.

Why would anyone even begin to take any of this nonsense seriously? I don't mean that in any nasty way, I am simply curious.

You may just as well believe the Bible is factual, or the Koran or any other pseudo-factual claptrap for that matter, people do .... the power of the printed word? 1 in a 100 quatrains can be twisted into a semblance of meaning, Q.E.D. the man must be a prophet. The mind boggles.

Why would anyone even begin to take any of this nonsense seriously? I don't mean that in any nasty way, I am simply curious.

You may just as well believe the Bible is factual, or the Koran or any other pseudo-factual claptrap for that matter, people do .... the power of the printed word? 1 in a 100 quatrains can be twisted into a semblance of meaning, Q.E.D. the man must be a prophet. The mind boggles.

The Bible or Qur'an are talking about what has happened, not what will happen.

I don't take nostradamus writing as shite or fact. I find it interesting how things he said are similar to things that have happened. Nothing he has said has been 100% accurate, and that's the problem.

Guest dr rockster

Prophecy is just an old world conjuring trick.Divination,prophecy,reading portents and signs,astrology you name it.

All used by people in power to try to keep that power so the court wiseman has always been at the kings elbow.

You can read the chicken guts anyway you like and its exactly the same with prophecy in that you look for things in the signs that relate to real world events.

The signs from a prophet are what he said in relation to future events.

Then the King can act to possibly change events,make sacrifices etc.

Or the prophecy is looked at across time.Like now with Nostradamus.

Looked at by people who WANT to see a connection in his words.

The most tenuous of connections.No dates are given but ages or periods 'when the man comes from werever' and any fucker could look at the writings and check with events and find connections.

It all down to interpretation and thats why its pfft.

but i don't even know what im going to be doing next week :guitar:

let alone thinking about antichrist or when the end of the world will be

still find it interesting...i dont do god or anything

but some predictions are close considering he was centuries in advance(thinking wise)

Edited by TB

I don't take nostradamus writing as shite or fact. I find it interesting how things he said are similar to things that have happened. Nothing he has said has been 100% accurate, and that's the problem.

well said father. the thing is i've had a couple of experiences with dreams which have come true. if i've had these things happen to me, couldnt it be possible that others have too. in another thread [i forget what it was about, astral projection i think] others have said they have experienced the same, so maybe nostradamus had simillar experiences?